advice needed

Reaction score
im thinking of getting a phantom 3 advance, i have a friend who is selling one for £280 but it has no propellers do you guys think this is good value for money? and are the propellers easy to attach, also is the phantom 3 advanced a good drone for a newbie? thanks.

are the propellers easy to attach
Yes. Just spin them on until they stop moving and then turn them about 1/4 of a turn more to tighten them.

is the phantom 3 advanced a good drone for a newbie?
It's not the newest kid on the block, but it's still a great drone to own.

Yes. Just spin them on until they stop moving and then turn them about 1/4 of a turn more to tighten them.

It's not the newest kid on the block, but it's still a great drone to own.
is there a lot of difference, between the standard and the advanced?

Yes, there are lots of differences. Here are a few of my favorites:
  • The P3A uses Lightbridge instead of Wi-Fi (greatly increases & reduces interference)
  • The P3A remote controller has many more functions on it & is easier to use since those functions are more user-friendly
  • The P3A remote controller comes with a mount that can hold a tablet
  • The P3A camera has a removable UV filter (and many more 3rd party ND filters)

It sounds like its worth paying a bit extra for. I would like to have got a P4 but they are out of my budget. So its looking like a P3 advanced, although i do slightly worry it might be a bit complicated for someone who has never owned or flown a drone

Range on Standard is around 2500' at best. Range of the Advanced is around 1 mile without any issues. I'd highly recommend the Advanced over the Standard.

Why no props? I'd be a little concerned as to why they are missing. I don't think I'd spend anything with being able to fly it first.

I'd not worry too much about not having flown before. You simply want to read the online manual, read it again and then take is slow and easy.

Reactions: Oso
Why no props? I'd be a little concerned as to why they are missing. I don't think I'd spend anything with being able to fly it first.
+1

@jon m - As soon as I read "no props" it was also a big red flag for me. It comes with two sets when new, so to not have any props at all would make me think that a lot of bad already happened.
Of course it could be fine, but as @tcope noted I would be ultra cautious even with a "friend."

Yeh I have just been to have a proper look and it’s a mess so won’t be buying it. Will definitely be going for an advanced from what you all say.

Also my advanced went just under 3 miles... Could go further but turned back due to battery. This was by swanley in uk

That’s brilliant! I would be scared to death to fly that far! I live in Blackpool and I think it would have got blown to Ireland! Lol

Also my advanced went just under 3 miles... Could go further but turned back due to battery. This was by swanley in uk

I've never got 3 miles but I agree it's possible. I wanted to be on the conservative side as it's always a YMMV situation. But 2500' vs 5200'+ is a big difference.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj