advanced or professional

If you go with the Professional than you also get into our club. We have secret meetings for Professional Phantom owners only. We also have a secret handshake. Plus, it's a known fact that Phantoms with gold stickers fly much better and further than the ones with silver stickers.

Reactions: Andrea
If you go with the Professional than you also get into our club. We have secret meetings for Professional Phantom owners only. We also have a secret handshake. Plus, it's a known fact that Phantoms with gold stickers fly much better and further than the ones with silver stickers.
dang it-- put the red stickers in place of the gold ones last night:eek:

haha! good point!!!

Lol! I have painted my plane full gold, now can I be the chief of this secret sect?
;)

The only real difference between the Advance and the Professional is the resolution they can grab videos, as you probably already know having read all the posts. P3A is limited to fullhd video, P3P arrives at 4k.
I don't own a 4k tv, so P3P is almost a waste for me.
Additionally, I don't have enough powerful hardware to handle or edit 4k videos.
And if you're into photography (as I am), you don't need video at all.

That said, IF you have the money, go for P3P.
Sooner or later you will buy a 4k tv (as I will probably do), sooner or later your pc will have enough power to handle 4k video streams in real time.
I reamember my first digital camera, it was 3megapixels and looked too much for me. Editing the still pictures used to take ages. Now I think it's a shame I am missing higher resolution of some pictures I took.

And last but not least... you can grab screenshot of your 4k video stream and have a quite decent picture as well. This partially solves the issue (it's an issue for me) that you can't take pictures while you are filming (you have to stop filming, take the picture and start filming again).

Of course the P3P costs more.
I simply couldn't afford it.
I guess my case is same as yours. I have now ordered p3A. Thanks for your suggestion.
The only real difference between the Advance and the Professional is the resolution they can grab videos, as you probably already know having read all the posts. P3A is limited to fullhd video, P3P arrives at 4k.
I don't own a 4k tv, so P3P is almost a waste for me.
Additionally, I don't have enough powerful hardware to handle or edit 4k videos.
And if you're into photography (as I am), you don't need video at all.

That said, IF you have the money, go for P3P.
Sooner or later you will buy a 4k tv (as I will probably do), sooner or later your pc will have enough power to handle 4k video streams in real time.
I reamember my first digital camera, it was 3megapixels and looked too much for me. Editing the still pictures used to take ages. Now I think it's a shame I am missing higher resolution of some pictures I took.

And last but not least... you can grab screenshot of your 4k video stream and have a quite decent picture as well. This partially solves the issue (it's an issue for me) that you can't take pictures while you are filming (you have to stop filming, take the picture and start filming again).

Of course the P3P costs more.
I simply couldn't afford it.

Reactions: Andrea
You forget the pro does far and clearer video. The camera does has a 60biterate, whereas the advanced only has a 40biterate video, translating the pro takes better video.

You forget the pro does far and clearer video. The camera does has a 60biterate, whereas the advanced only has a 40biterate video, translating the pro takes better video.
Honestly I don't think so.
I guess the higher bitrate helps only when taking 4k videos... and I'm pretty sure the optics and camera sensors are the same: therefore, same quality when same resolutions, both of film or pictures.
Of course, a 4k video is much sharper than a fullHD one.

You are right!
But if you apply the same codec to both 4k and HD then the 4k video will lose more quality, correct? Or am I missing something.

Hello fellas..I am hell confused which one to go for p3 advanced or professional.
Its a $400 difference here in Australia. What is the opinion here?
One more point I totally forgot to mention: your phantom will need more stuff to be fully funcional.
An additional battery is absolutely required. Probably not 3 or 4... but two at least. 20 minutes flight time is definetely not enough.
A back pack or an hard case is something your bird really deserves.
And I would really think of buying a tablet dedicated to the flight, keeping it with as less applications installed as possible.
Not to mention additional propellers, propeller guards and so on.

All of this will increase the total amount of money of an additional 300-400 euros...

Using 4k and playing back in 1080p, due to the higher bitrate is still going to be clearer and sharper than if you just 1080p.

The charger is also better and see it this way. When our tv breaks down, 4k tv ' s have really come down in price, our new tv will be 4k, and kick myself if I only had the advanced version.

I am future proofing my p3 with the advanced version and less than a $1000 can have 4k.

Already have a Google tv box and windows box that play 4k. All I need is a 4k monitor and getting cheaper all the time.

So worth getting the 4k version.

Reactions: Gurmeet
So
Hello fellas..I am hell confused which one to go for p3 advanced or professional.
Its a $400 difference here in Australia. What is the opinion here?
So far as what I have been seeing the P3P is supported by SDK and the Advance is not. Don't know why this is so, but the SDK developers say that App is only good for the Professional at this time. That's a DJI ism.

Using 4k and playing back in 1080p, due to the higher bitrate is still going to be clearer and sharper than if you just 1080p.

The charger is also better and see it this way. When our tv breaks down, 4k tv ' s have really come down in price, our new tv will be 4k, and kick myself if I only had the advanced version.

I am future proofing my p3 with the advanced version and less than a $1000 can have 4k.

Already have a Google tv box and windows box that play 4k. All I need is a 4k monitor and getting cheaper all the time.

So worth getting the 4k version.
In order to play my 4k video (if I dont have a 4k tv or a google tv) what do I need to do, whay software and what hardware to convert into HD until I get a 4k tv????

I'm a new RC hobbyist and I do have the P3 Advanced. This is my first RC aircraft and I didn't want to go too far overboard in cost before I knew if I liked it or not. The video is pretty darn good from the Advance and I have no complaints. Also, there is a lot of support equipment you need to purchase to drive the total cost of ownership up (carry case, extra batteries, props), so cut back anywhere you can. There will always be something better out in a few months so get what you want now then move up next year, if you feel like it then. Good Luck!

Reactions: Gurmeet
I'm a new RC hobbyist and I do have the P3 Advanced. This is my first RC aircraft and I didn't want to go too far overboard in cost before I knew if I liked it or not. The video is pretty darn good from the Advance and I have no complaints. Also, there is a lot of support equipment you need to purchase to drive the total cost of ownership up (carry case, extra batteries, props), so cut back anywhere you can. There will always be something better out in a few months so get what you want now then move up next year, if you feel like it then. Good Luck!
You are right mate, mine one comes in one week time. And i have been shopping around for accessories and other stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31