Advanced or Professional - 4k turned off?

Reaction score
Hi, I have just ordered the Advanced and now having a niggling doubt I should have gone for the professional... although I don't have a 4k tv or any device to make the most of the improved footage!

Just wondered if the 4k can be changed to 1080p to save file size but then at least I have the 4k available for the future...

With the Professional, you can convert 4k to 1080p afterwards. Or, you can record in 1080p so you don't have to convert it.

If you already bought the Advanced, you did not make the wrong choice. 99% of fliers don't really need to film in 4k. I have the Pro and will film in 1080 60fps 99% of the time. I suspect this will be true of most Pro fliers. The only difference is the charger... the Pro is a bit faster. Not a big deal.

Oh, sorry... I forgot the number one biggest difference between the Pro and Advanced. The silver vs gold stickers. We all know gold stickers are better then silver stickers. :)

Reactions: Mako79
Great comment re the Stickers... Although I prefer the Silver, I noticed that on a unboxing video... use some of us are sad enough to watch those the Professional comes with a set of Silvers!

Still unsure what to do but guess now there is a doubt i should just bite the bullet! Is the video res easy to change to just 1080p and not 4k.. Am i right to assume the quality of 1080p on both models would be the same?

Just recieved my advanced today and had this doubt also about futureproofing it, this is my first drone so should be perfect for learning the ropes.

The way I see it I don't have a fast enough broadband speed to watch 4k smoothly let alone edit and upload it. The same goes for most casual net/tv users, there's just not a lot of 4K displays in homes atm.

Reactions: aadams1x
If you have gotten the advanced, then you are more likely to be in the green. I cant find the link but the HD and 4K cameras are swappable. The benefit is only realised if you damage your gimbal+camera. So if you own an advance and have an accident, your "upgrade" to 4K will be cheaper as you did not pay the initial cost of $1299.

According to the link..
http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...attery-backpack-cameras-chargers-props.40590/

4K Replacement Camera - $539

HD Replacement Camera - $450

An advance user who damages their camera will fork out 1000+539 = 1539 to get 4K
A Pro user who damages their camera will fork out 1300+539 = 1839 to get back on their feet (or in the air).
You've saved yourself $300 and you now have 4K.

But for everyone's sake!!! please look after the gimbal and camera. Its the Achilles heel of the P2VP and P3.
Its DJI's CASH COW!!!

On a side note...
When I look at the difference the standalone camera price, I now think that DJI was meant to ship the Pro with the hardcase. They retracted because they saw the demand took the opportunistic money grabbing approach.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20