Adobe is getting fired. Video software help.

Reaction score
Been in this business for a little over 3 years now. Have a nice book of business and part of my construction and real estate package is a monthly video. 1 to 5 minutes, Titles, narration, transitions, background music....Not Hollywood but it is okay.

Used Premiere Elements 14 then moved to 15. More clients interested in video so I bought the monthly Creative Cloud from Adobe. What a mistake. First, very expensive. Next, none of my video will import to Premiere Pro CC. Get error messages. Spent the best part of two nights on Adobe sights and most of it i do not understand. Not big deal, I will go back to Elements 15. WRONG. Now the playback is jerky, or most times does not work at all. I will post my settings of my P4P
I have a desktop, Windows computer that is dedicated to nothing but Photos and Video editing.
This problem started when I went from P3P to P4P.

Any suggestions on other editing software that can do what I need?
Obviously, I am not a professional video editor and have no dreams of being one.

I use the PP CC suite and have no problems with the footage coming from my P4P. It sounds like it's either your video card that does not support PP or you have some codecs that got mixed in with files that PP uses. I would check your settings in your P4P as well, it could be that you are using H.265 for your compression algorithm.

I checked your videos, from what I saw I think Corel VideoStudio would work fine for you. The Adobe suite is a bit of overkill for your needs. I still have it installed since I bought it years ago, but I use the Adobe suite exclusively due to the fact that I need Lightroom, After Effects, PhotoShop, and Premier Pro to meet my clients expectations.

Reactions: Sky Eye Images
DaVinci has as free editor that is really more powerful than most people need. Unless you really need an Adobe CC specific feature, there are many other programs on the market that are as good or better.

But as herein2014 says, something else is going on. One of the strengths of Premiere Pro is that can ingest pretty much anything. There is not a whole lot of difference between P3P and P4 files but if your hardware was marginal before it might be enough to tip the balance.

Do check for H.265. It is very unlikely that you should be using it at this stage.

I use the PP CC suite and have no problems with the footage coming from my P4P. It sounds like it's either your video card that does not support PP or you have some codecs that got mixed in with files that PP uses. I would check your settings in your P4P as well, it could be that you are using H.265 for your compression algorithm.

I checked your videos, from what I saw I think Corel VideoStudio would work fine for you. The Adobe suite is a bit of overkill for your needs. I still have it installed since I bought it years ago, but I use the Adobe suite exclusively due to the fact that I need Lightroom, After Effects, PhotoShop, and Premier Pro to meet my clients expectations.

Thanks for your time. There are three videos on my channel (of a sawmill) that are there for client to review. I have a full day flying tomorrow...hoping for a good day

i just pulled the properties off a clip
upload_2018-6-28_21-35-30.png

Make sure you have Quicktime installed if you’re shooting in .mov. An alternative is to shoot in .mp4. The quality loss due to compression is negligible compared to .mov.
Also, a good addition is to download and install the K Lite Codec pack.

I'm using Vegas Pro 14.0 which I found on eBay - brand new, never opened, box still had the plastic wrap on it. I know it may be over over kill for my needs but I got it for a give away price. From my drone I record my video in .mov. When I'm ready to render my edited video I do it in .mp4. I am far from being a professional video editor (but I think I'm getting a bit better :grinning:) and so any loss of quality because of the compression isn't really noticeable to my newbie eyes. Now I know that there are probably better ways of doing it but for now it works for me.

I am using a PC, Intel core i7 - 3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 8GB RAM, running Windows 10 and a very high end video card. There's no hesitation whatsoever when working with large video files.

I use adobe premier CC and it works fine, but you need to edit 4k using proxy video, then once you are done you can output to any format you like using the original 4k video (now edited) . Lots of YouTube videos on how to work with 4k in adobe using proxy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31