Adjusting the joystick's sensitivity

Reaction score
Website
www.jeffreysipress.com
I'm flying a P4P + v2.0. I thought I had seen a thread here about this but can't find it again. I want to get smooth natural video motions when I change from a straight path to a turn or curve, but it seems that the slightest motion of the left joystick creates a jerky motion transition. I see this in a lot of newbie videos and find it quite annoying. Is there a menu somewhere that allows me to change the sensitivity ? Or are the experienced flyers just able to feather the stick properly? It jerks the flight path with the smallest movement. My current technique is to keep the forward throttle steady and use the left (turning) joystick simultaneously.

I'm flying a P4P + v2.0. I thought I had seen a thread here about this but can't find it again.
Go to the first page of your App Settings (NC Settings).
Down at the bottom of the page, click on Advanced Settings and then click on EXP Settings, which will bring you to this screen:
i-CPQL22V-L.jpg

Reactions: Dallas Drone Guy
I don't see that screen giving me the same options to adjust sensitivity for the gimbal. That is too jerky as well.

With my P4 (Original), I found that adjusting the EXP settings did not give the smooth transitions that I wanted. Then Tripod Mode came along, and I use it all the time.

With my P4 (Original), I found that adjusting the EXP settings did not give the smooth transitions that I wanted. Then Tripod Mode came along, and I use it all the time.

I couldn't find anywhere what EXP means. Tripod mode sounds interesting, as it limits the craft's speed hopefully to create more pleasant video, if that's what you are implying. But the DJI video explaining it says it is mainly for engaging an IR sensing system to avoid collisions. Why do they call it tripod mode then. That's a deceiving name for it.

Last edited:
Well, the slower it moves though space, the more time it has to process its surroundings and avoid possible collisions. On the P4 Pro and later models, it also triggers the side sensors I believe. I don’t have those on my P4. Give it a try. It’s smooth.

And I think EXP means ‘exponential’ as the axis is asymptotic...or something like that...:tonguewink:...

EXP slows servo (output) response near center and then exponentially increases near the ends.

Reactions: JeffreyS

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl