Adjusting gimbal

Reaction score
I noticed before calibrations that the gimbal is pointed a bit to the right, maybe 3-5 degrees. I just completed the IMU and gimbal calibration and the camera is still pointed right by 3-5 degrees. Is there any adjustment for this as this is quite a bit off?

Brian

I'm familiar with the horizon tilt adjustments, but can not see any adjustment to account for an error in the pointing direction left/right. This amount of error might be a deal breaker.

Brian

With the number of 'deal breakers' I've seen listed in threads over the last few weeks it's amazing anyone bought a P4P :D

I'm familiar with the horizon tilt adjustments, but can not see any adjustment to account for an error in the pointing direction left/right. This amount of error might be a deal breaker.

Brian

I have never seen it on any DJI Phantoms or DJI Zenmuse gimbales (for GoPro camera). I've never had this particular issue but I think if you do a general Google search you might find more answers... I, myself am seemingly having horizon tilt drift issues...

Last edited:
My guess is that there is a homing sensor and that it is not adjusted properly -- you know, rushed out the door. It may actually be an easy fix if you know where and how but I'm not going to tear the thing apart risking my warranty to find it.

Brian

My guess is that there is a homing sensor and that it is not adjusted properly -- you know, rushed out the door. It may actually be an easy fix if you know where and how but I'm not going to tear the thing apart risking my warranty to find it.

Brian

This might be a good read... my Phantom is outside chilling right now... awaiting a cold IMU and gimbal calibration... Camera not Centered Brand new Phantom Pro

I'm going to see if I can fly tomorrow though it looks like the high temp will only make it to 35F. Bums me out to think I may have to send it back and wait god knows how long for it to be returned or a replacement sent. This really smacks of piss poor QC and given there total lack of appreciation of the shipping issues with the Mavic and spare batteries for just about every drone they've ever sold I get the feeling they just don't give a **** about there customers!

Brian

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic