Additional monitors

Reaction score
Probably a dumb question:
Is there any reason I cannot use my new Blackpearl Flysight as a second monitor? I have found it fun to let's others watch the flights on a second monitor. I know I would still run the pilot app on my iPad that is connected to the controller but don't see why any receiver operating on 2.4 would not still receive the video. Thanks

Because it's not 2.4 RF. Wait for the HDMI breakout board coming soon, and hook it up to a monitor that way.

For the I-pad there were some mirroring app's. You get a kind of a screenshot on a second computer.
I have used it for a very short time for myPV2+ . The quality was low and I had not really a need for it so I stopped with it.

With my V+, I used software called reflector to mirror the phone screen to a macbook in the back of the car. Folks who wanted to see could look at that instead of peering over the shoulder. It also enabled me to record the screen for post flight analysis - this proved invaluable in determining what happened when it eventually crashed into water due to magnetic interference.

Probably a dumb question:
Is there any reason I cannot use my new Blackpearl Flysight as a second monitor? I have found it fun to let's others watch the flights on a second monitor. I know I would still run the pilot app on my iPad that is connected to the controller but don't see why any receiver operating on 2.4 would not still receive the video. Thanks
I am using a nvidia shield tablet as my main monitor, which also has a hdmi port on it. I run a cable from that to a small 5" lilliput monitor I had sitting around, works perfect so another person can watch what the camera sees.

Thanks. But what I'm wondering is if my second monitor (which has a 2.4 receiver built into it) can receive the video wirelessly from the p3. No hardware connection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic