"Activation failed. Please retry". Phantom 4 Pro

Reaction score
I am trying to set up a brand new Phantom 4 Pro using DJI Go 4 app. I have a new DJI account, but strangely, did not receive a confirmation/verification email.

After starting the drone/controller and launching the app, DJI Go 4 steers me into a set of pages to activate the drone. After completing the information, the last page has a blue "Activate" button (with my correct account name shown at the top of the page). I tap the Activate button. The response is "Activation failed. Please retry". The blue button now says "Connect to server.....". I retry, but get the same response over and again.

As an alternative, I go to DJI Assistant 2 app (on PC). On login, I get the response "Network error (1-6)" Sign Up. (I also tried another account which I know works for another Phantom 4, but get the same result).

I contacted support and went through a number of procedures but could not fix the problem.

Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know if the DJI servers are down? - Support did not have any indication they were down.

Yes, tried it and even reinstalling the app. I suspect it's some sort of connectivity issue, but not much support for that theory so far.
Dumb question you have a internet conection when tryin ay,was a lot of login troubles while back ,was a server issue,i remember heaps people tryed for days,,i was same,but still sittin here thinkin about this for ages now ,,what about trying with no sim card,does that let you enter app,,,nother idea try resert your password

Last edited by a moderator:
Dumb question you have a internet conection when tryin ay,was a lot of login troubles while back ,was a server issue,i remember heaps people tryed for days,,i was same,but still sittin here thinkin about this for ages now ,,what about trying with no sim card,does that let you enter app,,,nother idea try resert your password
Yes, the device (iPad mini 4 - I'm an Android person but have no choice in this case) had internet connection. It is WiFi device only - no sim card. I did wonder whether the remote signal would reduce or overwhelm the device WiFi signal and did my best to make sure the device was close to the router at the critical moment. I could download web pages on the device so I don't really think that is the problem.

I read on the forum(s) that there was a problem with the servers at the beginning of this year - lasted 2 days. No-one has said they have experienced similar today. I will look at it again tomorrow.

Thanks for your feedback.

Oh, and I can login to the DJI web page okay, which makes me suspect that the problem lies with certain servers only.

It could even be a local internet issue. I am in the Philippines. Internet is a joke here!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl