Activated naza mode today

Reaction score
So I finally decided to activate naza mode today after six plus months of flying , I never did it sooner simply because I didn't really need it as all I do is shoot video and prefer the slow smooth steady shot that being said sometimes I did want more speed for bringing the quad back especially from a far distance. My observations while in atti mode ( no wind ) it's like skating on ice whatever direction you're heading once you let go the stick it continues to drift wasn't crazy about it from a filming point of view , but I did love the 21 m/s or 46 MPH (no wind) where before my fastest was 13 m/s or 29 MPH in GPS mode , and the CL/HL features worked great , amazing what you can do with just a click on the computer with these things.......

Last edited:
Can you explain Naza mode a little bit ? Its just access to some advanced functions ? or it changes behaviour of craft ?

Also can you switch from MODE1 to MODE2 and vice versa in Naza ?

Can you explain Naza mode a little bit ? Its just access to some advanced functions ? or it changes behaviour of craft ?

Also can you switch from MODE1 to MODE2 and vice versa in Naza ?

Switching Phantom (basic) or Naza (advance controls) is a two part system The basic naza (part 1) gives switch S1 GPS, ATTI and a choice of three ATTI, Failsafe or Manual. When you check the box for ioc (intelligent orientation control) you will have activated switch S2 which give you off, course lock and home lock. There other functions that S2 can perform whether IOC is checked or unchecked like changing your home point while in fight.

Regrading MODE ! an MODE 2 which are only in the RC unit changes positioning of the sticks and has nothing to do with Naza-M directly in the P2. The information is contained in your RC assistant software just open it up and mouse over both and you will what each stick does in either mode on the left under info.

Switching Phantom (basic) or Naza (advance controls) is a two part system The basic naza (part 1) gives switch S1 GPS, ATTI and a choice of three ATTI, Failsafe or Manual. When you check the box for ioc (intelligent orientation control) you will have activated switch S2 which give you off, course lock and home lock. There other functions that S2 can perform whether IOC is checked or unchecked like changing your home point while in fight.

Regrading MODE ! an MODE 2 which are only in the RC unit changes positioning of the sticks and has nothing to do with Naza-M directly in the P2. The information is contained in your RC assistant software just open it up and mouse over both and you will what each stick does in either mode on the left under info.

Thank you ! I was looking for remote control mode changes and I will do that soon. Regarding the naza mode (from my point of view) it just adds some options and a little bit of freedom. Coming for a parrot ar drone 2.0 I'm familiar with "no hover" mode that equals to "ATTI" on Phantom I think. It's nice to float around. The rest of the functions seems self explanatory :) Thanks for replying !

I was a little laizy to watch some videos on youtube about it but everything seems very straigh forward now :)

Thank you ! I was looking for remote control mode changes and I will do that soon. Regarding the naza mode (from my point of view) it just adds some options and a little bit of freedom. Coming for a parrot ar drone 2.0 I'm familiar with "no hover" mode that equals to "ATTI" on Phantom I think. It's nice to float around. The rest of the functions seems self explanatory :) Thanks for replying !

I was a little laizy to watch some videos on youtube about it but everything seems very straigh forward now :)

When in the Phantom (basic) mode you have no ATTI in the second position on switch S1 and if you go below 6 satellites it will land. when in part 1 of the naza mode the rear LEDs will turn from a slow flashing green to a slow flashing yellow.

When in the Phantom (basic) mode you have no ATTI in the second position on switch S1 and if you go below 6 satellites it will land. when in part 1 of the naza mode the rear LEDs will turn from a slow flashing green to a slow flashing yellow.

Good to know ! Still I find it quite difficult to happen taking off with 6+ satellite and lose some of them in the air at altitude. It's possible tho due to high buildings other structures that might obscure the vision from 1-2 satellites. On the AR Drone 2.0 the satellites number only increased (and accuracy also) after take off for me (in my flying region/conditions).

I allways appreciate any good advice/tips so thank you !

Good to know ! Still I find it quite difficult to happen taking off with 6+ satellite and lose some of them in the air at altitude. It's possible tho due to high buildings other structures that might obscure the vision from 1-2 satellites. On the AR Drone 2.0 the satellites number only increased (and accuracy also) after take off for me (in my flying region/conditions).

I allways appreciate any good advice/tips so thank you !

Not a safe practise to fly behind structures as it's not the number satellites that going to create a problem but lost of signal and RTH and if that structure is taller then RTH altitude.

Personally I wish I enabled Naza M mode for my first flight. As long as you know how to keep it in GPS it has extra features which are safe, steady and very very isdful

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Personally I wish I enabled Naza M mode for my first flight. As long as you know how to keep it in GPS it has extra features which are safe, steady and very very isdful

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm already in Naza mode with it :) its great. Basicaly its VISION mode plus some nice extras. I don't know why people are afraid of it since the S1 and S2 switches come to life now and the LEDs under the copter have a meaningfull way to communicate information. Also the Home Lock and Course Lock are great for videography ! and also help out when you can't see your heading just flick the switch and you can get it back without triggering failsafe mode. I'm still not planning to use full manual mode on it because ATTI is more than enough for super fun gliding around.

In manual mode from what I've seen on youtube you have to correct every moment since it wont auto correct or level is that entirely true ? If I pitch forward in manual mode it will hold that pitch angle until it crashes ?

Manual mode won't use compass or barometer like ordinary atti. However it will stop moving forwards when you stop pushing forwards just by its momentum letting it down. It's tricky and I now use that switch for fail safe, which is sometimes almost invaluable

Manual mode won't use compass or barometer like ordinary atti. However it will stop moving forwards when you stop pushing forwards just by its momentum letting it down. It's tricky and I now use that switch for fail safe, which is sometimes almost invaluable

What failsafe height do you use ? I would go for 50 meters but I'm afraid of wind issues.

I would also would like to ask about range. I have P2V (non plus) with RE500 all set in FCC. I'm curious of what should I expect in a clear of WiFi are (hills near a forest).

What failsafe height do you use ? I would go for 50 meters but I'm afraid of wind issues.

I would also would like to ask about range. I have P2V (non plus) with RE500 all set in FCC. I'm curious of what should I expect in a clear of WiFi are (hills near a forest).

As far as altitude 36m will put over the tree top. You do realize that you posted in the P2 non-vision section of this forum so for a quicker answer to your wifi question may be slow in coming.

As far as altitude 36m will put over the tree top. You do realize that you posted in the P2 non-vision section of this forum so for a quicker answer to your wifi question may be slow in coming.

I will get myself togheter and start posting in the rights forum sections ! For now I'm to excited to fly with the P2V in NAZA mode also the weather hardly allows me to do that and its killing me slowly.

Thanks for replies !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic