Acting FAA Adminstrator Elwell: 336 must be revisited

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
At today's FAA sUAS Symposium this just came out:

"Acting FAA Adminstrator Elwell: 336 must be revisited"

I can't think of (4) words that could mean more change to our industry than those (4). . . .

I would love to see Congress go back and remove their "short sighted" safety net on sUAS operations and institute a logical and "Tiered" system for all sUAS operations.

Reactions: sar104
At today's FAA sUAS Symposium this just came out:

"Acting FAA Adminstrator Elwell: 336 must be revisited"

I can't think of (4) words that could mean more change to our industry than those (4). . . .

I would love to see Congress go back and remove their "short sighted" safety net on sUAS operations and institute a logical and "Tiered" system for all sUAS operations.

BigAl,
Although I interpreted those four words much more ominiously, I honestly hope you're right in that a "revisit" would improve/benefit the overall situation for our industry and the associated sport. Being involved in the industry as you are, you likely have a better perspective than I do. Alas, the Government is involved, and I don't expect that to bode well for us in the long run, he said skeptically.

Reactions: BigAl07
DJI will certainly be heard on this given their exposure.

They will fight to preserve the user base despite what some may think of their other competencies.

Ya know... follow the money!

BigAl,
Although I interpreted those four words much more ominiously, I honestly hope you're right in that a "revisit" would improve/benefit the overall situation for our industry and the associated sport. Being involved in the industry as you are, you likely have a better perspective than I do. Alas, the Government is involved, and I don't expect that to bode well for us in the long run, he said skeptically.

Good afternoon RWS. I fully meant that so be taken very ominously. What I would like to see happen and what the Govt actually does are usually 180deg apart from each other.

The Helo to "supposed" drone incident 2 weeks ago only gave their "agenda" more traction and momentum.

Regardless how "Big" we think we are or how large our #'s may be when John Q. Public gets the smell of blood in the water they will put their full backing behind enhanced "Drone Regulations" down to the very basic of aircraft.

Reactions: Jerryatric

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl