Accidental charging discovery...

Reaction score
Well that's pretty cool. Discovered it by mistake this afternoon. Not sure how many of you knew about this, so I thought id make a post [emoji1]
(im using the battery to charge the remote)
96ea92c1ebb324985d48d99c1769d9ca.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
I only have the standard, but a buddy has the advanced and he read somewhere that it is not adviseable to charge both at the same time.

Oh im not charging both at the same time, im using the battery to charge the remote. Kinda like a power bank for the remote i guess.
It just finished charging, and went fine :)

In terms of energy efficiency , this is just a waste of energy. What you take out of the flight battery will have to be put back at some point....... :)

In terms of energy efficiency , this is just a waste of energy. What you take out of the flight battery will have to be put back at some point....... :)

Yep true hahaha. But i guess it would be good if you were stuck out in the middle of nowhere with a flat remote and no mains power, but had a spare flight battery ;)

I had to look twice as I thought you were charging both at the same time, then I realised you don't have the mains lead in the PSU

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I wonder what that does to the intelligence in the battery. Will it show up as a "use" in Healthy Drones, thus impacting the estimated life of the battery?

Well that's pretty cool. Discovered it by mistake this afternoon. Not sure how many of you knew about this, so I thought id make a post [emoji1]
(im using the battery to charge the remote)
96ea92c1ebb324985d48d99c1769d9ca.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Cool discovery. For sure an emergency use only type of thing, but still good to know it's possible if the emergency arises. Thanks for posting.

Reactions: JoBe and Energy Guy
This has got me thinking...is there a P4 battery to USB adapter to charge the P4 battery from another power pack? Can I use this to charge a P4 battery somehow?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20