Accessories for P4P

Reaction score
I realize there's a good amount of overlap between the P4 and the P4P but how many of the accessories are different? The new higher capacity battery should also work on the older P4, can't see why it wouldn't other than firmware. What about props? I know the ND filters are different due to the larger lens barrel but what other accessories are different between the P4 and P4P?

Hows this for charging 3 bats plus RC at the same time?
https://www.amazon.com/Hobby-Signal...sr=8-5&keywords=dji+phantom+4+battery+charger

The DJI Charging Hub would not be the best way to charge multiple batteries at the same time, but the storage mode is a great feature.

Brian

The DJI Charging Hub would not be the best way to charge multiple batteries at the same time, but the storage mode is a great feature.
I really like my DJI charging hub. 95% of the time I'm not looking to charge all my batteries fast, sequential charging is OK for me taking 2-3hrs. I'm more interested in putting them all in and not having to worry about swapping batteries every 45-60min. Charging 3 at a time is the bees knees. Discharging is handy too. I like it mainly because it's LIGHT and fits into my backpack when I travel. When I get to my hotel room I leave the 3X charge tray in the room, along with the charger and other items to lighten up my backpack of things I don't need to hike and fly.

Prop guards will be identical if you fly indoors.
Any skin wraps you find for P4 will work on P4P.
Props are the same

I really like my DJI charging hub. 95% of the time I'm not looking to charge all my batteries fast, sequential charging is OK for me taking 2-3hrs. I'm more interested in putting them all in and not having to worry about swapping batteries every 45-60min. Charging 3 at a time is the bees knees. Discharging is handy too. I like it mainly because it's LIGHT and fits into my backpack when I travel. When I get to my hotel room I leave the 3X charge tray in the room, along with the charger and other items to lighten up my backpack of things I don't need to hike and fly.

Props are the same

I read the prop guards for P4 are NOT compatible with P4P

P4 Prop Guards incompatible with P4P

I really like my DJI charging hub. 95% of the time I'm not looking to charge all my batteries fast, sequential charging is OK for me taking 2-3hrs. I'm more interested in putting them all in and not having to worry about swapping batteries every 45-60min. Charging 3 at a time is the bees knees. Discharging is handy too. I like it mainly because it's LIGHT and fits into my backpack when I travel.

Props are the same

Yeah, I plan on getting the hub if for no other reason than the storage mode. Interestingly I saw it listed on Amazon a few days about for like $59 and now it's more like $89.

In addition to the P4P I also ordered and have received two of the older 5350mahr batteries. I plan to pick up a couple of the newer higher capacity batteries when they're generally available and another couple sets of props. About the only other thing I plan on getting is a couple ND filters, probably a 3-stop and 4-stop. Well, I may also add a backpack for hiking as there's a good many places I'd love to fly but requires a mile or more of a hike to get there. Given how light this is I could carry the standard foam case and since it can carry everything as well as 2 extra batteries it should be good enough for a day hike.

Brian

Yeah, I plan on getting the hub if for no other reason than the storage mode. Interestingly I saw it listed on Amazon a few days about for like $59 and now it's more like $89.

In addition to the P4P I also ordered and have received two of the older 5350mahr batteries. I plan to pick up a couple of the newer higher capacity batteries when they're generally available and another couple sets of props. About the only other thing I plan on getting is a couple ND filters, probably a 3-stop and 4-stop. Well, I may also add a backpack for hiking as there's a good many places I'd love to fly but requires a mile or more of a hike to get there. Given how light this is I could carry the standard foam case and since it can carry everything as well as 2 extra batteries it should be good enough for a day hike.

Brian
You may want to wait and see on those ND filters. With the new aperture control on the P4P you may not need them, unless you're doing something special. A good backpack is great to have. I often hike to my flight areas to get away from people, always planned using Google Maps with Satellite view. After buying 4 brands, I like the ThinkTank Helipak for $200. Great quality, and will hold a lot of stuff, including other cameras, etc.

Reactions: UrbanVoyager
You may want to wait and see on those ND filters. With the new aperture control on the P4P you may not need them, unless you're doing something special. A good backpack is great to have. I often hike to my flight areas to get away from people, always planned using Google Maps with Satellite view. After buying 4 brands, I like the ThinkTank Helipak for $200. Great quality, and will hold a lot of stuff, including other cameras, etc.

Well I just ordered the hub and two more sets of props.

ND filters are useful to permit lowering the shutter speed without cranking up the f/#. We've had some argue this, but for a camera with a sensor this size the sweet spot for resolution is probably f/5.6 to f/6.3 and going higher than about f/7.1 will begin to show loss of resolution due to diffraction. Not much loss at f/7.1, but the higher you go the greater the loss. So, as with my Inspire 1 Pro which also has variable aperture I tend to use a 3-stop or 4-stop ND filter during the day so that I can keep the aperture down in the f/4-f/7.1 area and a shutter speed of about 1/60 and a frame rate of 30.

Brian

Reactions: UrbanVoyager
I realize there's a good amount of overlap between the P4 and the P4P but how many of the accessories are different? The new higher capacity battery should also work on the older P4, can't see why it wouldn't other than firmware. What about props? I know the ND filters are different due to the larger lens barrel but what other accessories are different between the P4 and P4P?

Hows this for charging 3 bats plus RC at the same time?
https://www.amazon.com/Hobby-Signal...sr=8-5&keywords=dji+phantom+4+battery+charger

Brian
Props are the same as P4 I believe and according to the what's in the box literature you get 4 pair

Props are the same as P4 I believe and according to the what's in the box literature you get 4 pair

Yes, the props are the same and I've ordered another set just in case. I don't expect to need them as I've only broken one prop on my Inspire 1 Pro in 10 months. Also order the charging hub.

Brian

I would really like a lens protector or UV filter, just to keep the lens clean

Ditto... and PolarPro is working on this right now (kinda)... Since the P4P does not seem to have any "jello" issues I wish PolarPro would make just a UV and Polarizer without adding Neutral Density to it...

An ND filter might be useful as well: I have pre-ordered an ND8. This way I can reach desired shutterspeed in maximum sunlight, and in many scenarios I can set aperture at 2.8-8 instead of the more extreme 11, which can have minor effects on IQ. The ND8 will also enable me to take long exposure photos in bright daylight more easily.

Less need for the more extreme ND16, ND32 and the ND4 though, IMO.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94