AC Disconnected-waited five mins before it initiated Go Home

Reaction score
Looking for some help interpreting my flight log from yesterday. Flew in a new area about three hours drive from where I normally fly. I launched from the case which I had placed on a long wooden dock. Not sure if there was metal in the dock so I launched from the case to avoid any potential compass problems.

At 3m56s into the flight I lost contact with the aircraft (aircraft disconnected) at a distance of 1942 feet and altitude of 250 feet. Here is where I need help. I thought that if the aircraft disconnects it will automatically initiate RTH and head home. In this case the aircraft hovered. I started to get a little concerned and since I was at lake level, I decided to head up to see if I could get a better signal. It was only when I got to higher ground and I was able to get signal again the aircraft moved and initiated GO Home. I looked at the video which I was recording and it just hovered for five minutes.

I haven't changed the RTH behavior to Hover and it did eventually come back to me but I don't understand why it waited so long. Here is the log:

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Can anyone help me understand this or is it just an anomaly?

Ok, I think I have this determined. I lost video feed but not controller signal until I ascended and was blocked by the tree line. At that point it came back home. Had I pressed the RTH button earlier, it would have come back on it's own. Am I correct in that this is what happened?

Am I correct in that this is what happened?
Yes, just a quick look it appears that you only lost downlink. ALLWAYS look at the RC status light when this happens and you will know. RTH will occur on complete signal loss of 2+ seconds.

Reactions: Timinator

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav