About to drop some serious $

Reaction score
Been thinking about getting into drones for the past 3yrs. But have been reluctant to do so.
So ive saved up enough to drop some $ into this endeavor.
Ive been looking at the P4P Executive Kit 2.0 on Drone World with all the fancy stuff.
Is all the items in the kit worth a [Language Removed]?
CF props? Thor Charger? L-Series Lens Filter Kit?

Only planed mods as of now are
Maxx UAV EVOLITE KIT EXTREME and Gannet Bait Release

Main use of the whole endeavor is a 2nd income..

Tkx
Ben

Last edited by a moderator:
The stock transmitter has a ridiculous amount of range, we're talking 4 miles in isolated areas, so I don't know why you need a range extender. And carbon fiber props are pointless, and are actually a downgrade because they reduce flight time since every one of them that's been released for the Phantom has been heavier than stock.

As mentioned above, there are many threads disputing the use of CF props as they add no real benefit in addition to the OEM supplied props. If it was my money I would be looking at the pro bundle kit from Drone World, save yourself a pile of money and don’t bother with the antenna upgrade. A mates unmodified 4Pro smokes my FPVLR modded P4 standard any day of the week. Maybe run with the bait release if your income is centered around scoping and catching fish.

Reactions: BenMara
Ive been looking at the P4P Executive Kit 2.0 on Drone World with all the fancy stuff.
Is all the items in the kit worth a ****?
All of those kits are exploiting buyers that don't really know what they need or want.
Most of the stuff isn't really worth buying.
Get a Phantom, learn to fly it and get a feel for what (if any) accessories might be really useful for what you want out of the drone.
Save the $$ for important things like extra batteries and a case for travel.

I like @Meta4's idea. Make a list of the items you actually need and see how that price compares to the executive kit. It might turn out to be a better deal for you.

Thank You for the input. Wrote down all the items from said kit and crossing out the not needed items.
@Meta4 Yes Fishing and putting antennas in trees, to go along with aerial photography, ect..

The range in the EU is ridiculous too. Ridiculously low. Boosted signals and bigger directional antennae help a bit.

Reactions: MaxHam
The range in the EU is ridiculous too. Ridiculously low. Boosted signals and bigger directional antennae help a bit.
I agree and this is why I bought these:
Black - Dual Band 2.4Ghz & 5.8Ghz 5dBi Antennas (Pair)
In the EU they are good enough for 3.5km. Maybe more, I haven't tested it beyond that distance.

I also bought this one:
4Hawks Raptor SR Range Extender (Phantom 4 Pro)
That is overkill unless someone wants to fly oneway. That reaches further than a battery can take. After 5km I had to turn around, signal was absolutely stable.

Last edited:
If you’re using it for extra income, know also that you need your Part 107 drone certification. I’m still a fan of the P3P (just personal preference) but I agree with the fellas here skip the P4P bundle or the pro+ bundle and put it towards extra batteries. Also insurance is going to run about $500 a year if you use it for business. Or about $41 for personal use.

Reactions: BenMara and BigAl07
If you’re using it for extra income, know also that you need your Part 107 drone certification. I’m still a fan of the P3P (just personal preference) but I agree with the fellas here skip the P4P bundle or the pro+ bundle and put it towards extra batteries. Also insurance is going to run about $500 a year if you use it for business. Or about $41 for personal use.

ended up ordering P4P and 3 extra batteries

I am sure he knows about part 107. I swear anytime someone states they may use a drone for income you can bet someone will chime in about 107. Why?

Not me mate. I was getting glitches and disconnects at 600m yesterday, and that was out in the sticks on massive open farm fields...
Maybe Ive just got a duffer.

People's reminders about getting Part 107 for commercial drone work doesn't bother me. Of course I'm the joker that occasionally brings up VLOS when folks are discussing their multi-mile range flights. ;)

Reactions: PhantomHero

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan