About ready to pull the trigger on a P3 Pro

I agree & personally feel one of the most important additions to your Phantom 3 kit, is more energy. Yes extra Battery packs. I bought three more additional intelligent flight batteries, and even a second @dji 100w charger to keep my packs full, and also help charge up the RC when it gets low.
When you get addicted to flying and love the feeling of freedom these drones bring, you will definitely need more time aloft to enjoy it longer.

RedHotPoker

Wibble - I think I will skip the prop guards for now as my initial flying will be outside and mostly in a pasture.

Karthikdoc - Most of my shooting will be outside in full sun. Maybe some in the evening and morning. I am assuming that If I were to only get one or two filters initially to get a polarized and or neutral density? Where is the best place to get the filters?

I will consider the Syma X5 $65 seems like a small investment to get a little experience. It may also come in handy teaching my wife if she wants to fly the p3 pro. Is there any other one that I should look at in that price range that will help me learn the P3 pro? I have flown a P2 of my uncles once and had no issues.

Wibble - I think I will skip the prop guards for now as my initial flying will be outside and mostly in a pasture.

Karthikdoc - Most of my shooting will be outside in full sun. Maybe some in the evening and morning. I am assuming that If I were to only get one or two filters initially to get a polarized and or neutral density? Where is the best place to get the filters?

I will consider the Syma X5 $65 seems like a small investment to get a little experience. It may also come in handy teaching my wife if she wants to fly the p3 pro. Is there any other one that I should look at in that price range that will help me learn the P3 pro? I have flown a P2 of my uncles once and had no issues.
I believe if you are reasonable sensed man you'll fly P3 without any issues first time.
Your wife too. At the end it's a toy made for ordinary people.

You can get polar pro via amazon

THEY have a beginner kit consisting of a PL, ND4, ND8 based on your location you can use the respective amazon to search.

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions. So I have decided to go ahead and initally get:
  • Phantom 3 Pro
  • 1 extra battery
  • off brand hard case off ebay
  • gimble lock off ebay
  • short usb off amazon
I am going to try my Samsung s6 and may later buy a bigger device. Also going to try getting by with the 16 gig micro sd card since I plan on carrying my macbook pro with me and doing transfers after every couple flights.

Reactions: Muva Bee
Take the savings and buy an extra battery and 100 watt charger.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Mike, I just cannot convince myself of that. Think about the last 10-15 years in digital photography. Those pictures that you may have taken of your kids with that "badass" 1.2 megapix camera that you may have saved some money on? Don't you wish that priceless capture was taken with a 12 megapix?

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions. So I have decided to go ahead and initally get:
  • Phantom 3 Pro
  • 1 extra battery
  • off brand hard case off ebay
  • gimble lock off ebay
  • short usb off amazon
I am going to try my Samsung s6 and may later buy a bigger device. Also going to try getting by with the 16 gig micro sd card since I plan on carrying my macbook pro with me and doing transfers after every couple flights.
Make certain the sd card is fast enough to handle the video. Some do not.

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

Guess I am making the assumption that the 16 gig one that DJI sends out with the aircraft is capable of shooting the highest quality video. Is this not the case? How much video will the 16 gig card hold at the highest quality of the 4k camera on the P3 Pro?

Guess I am making the assumption that the 16 gig one that DJI sends out with the aircraft is capable of shooting the highest quality video. Is this not the case? How much video will the 16 gig card hold at the highest quality of the 4k camera on the P3 Pro?
you'll have to buy some $20 32/64GB card. it's just matter of time.

Not removing the props sound good to me. Yea I probably will eventually get a bigger card but will the one that comes with it work with the highest quality video for the time being?

i'll buy myself $50 soft backpack style case. there is one that you even do not have to remove props. did not found better solution on budget
Not a bad looking case. Good price

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

Not removing the props sound good to me. Yea I probably will eventually get a bigger card but will the one that comes with it work with the highest quality video for the time being?
yes, i think it should. class10, 4k p3 vid is about 7.5MB/s. About 2min of vid for 1 gig of space.

Some cases that allow props to stay on can bend them. I prefer to remove the props always.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I get about 4-6 flights before my 16 gb card is full. It seems the right size to me, if it was too much larger then I would slack on taking the pictures off....this is shooting 4K and taking pictures....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic