? About Obstacle Avoidance

View attachment 86847 sorry had to post just so no one telling fibs,,126 at mo,sorry to "bkushner" as well for posting weather report on his question,,gezz i laughed when i saw the garden rake part,very good
Well the garden rake was picked up by the sensors and actually started moving to the side to avoid it. In real life I think a bird flying at warp speed is not going to save the drone. If anything the drone will stop and hover and be a bigger target whilst the offending bird figures out how to kill it and eat it.

Would it avoid an oncoming plane? ha
I think in the case of a oncoming plane the craft would start to process the data then immediately proceed to the scene of the accident. It would all happen to fast for the craft to even start any thing. If it did have any time for reaction at first it would just try to stop and make itself a stationary target like tevek said. Even a plane cruising at 150 mph travels 220 feet per second and the system detects at around 30 feet I think,... too late. Ten years from now we will remember the good old days when our drones could not avoid tiny branches, birds and other aircraft (probably less).

Reactions: bkushner

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel