A Total Newbie Here

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm Maisy and have never flown a proper drone before. Most I flew were those small bug sized drones attached to your phone via Bluetooth and would fly for only about 10 minutes before it shut down. I've recently received phantom 4 as a gift from a friend who knew how much I liked thee bug sized drone, so now here I am. Trying it out, seeing where this goes, and to ask questions if any arise!
Thank you!

To save ya some time here is that section.
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Hi everyone!
I'm Maisy and have never flown a proper drone before. Most I flew were those small bug sized drones attached to your phone via Bluetooth and would fly for only about 10 minutes before it shut down. I've recently received phantom 4 as a gift from a friend who knew how much I liked thee bug sized drone, so now here I am. Trying it out, seeing where this goes, and to ask questions if any arise!
Thank you!

Welcome!! Definitely don't hesitate to ask anything.

I have suggested to many that they find an experienced pilot in their area to go out with them the first time. I've done this myself and helped a guy with his new Mavic Mini. You will learn some very important things, gain confidence, and avoid some stupid mistakes. Phantoms are easy to fly until they are not. If you are comfortable letting the forum know what city you live in, I'm sure you'll get some volunteers to help you out. Good Luck and stay away from trees.

Thanks everyone! I've currently got the phantom underneath a portable car cover in my garage as I've been pretty busy to fly, however as soon as I get it out I'll start posting on how it's flying. Do you have any suggestions on what I can do to help maintain it while it's not flying?

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks everyone! I've currently got the phantom underneath a portable car cover in my garage as I've been pretty busy to fly, however as soon as I get it out I'll start posting on how it's flying. Do you have any suggestions on what I can do to help maintain it while it's not flying?
Charge the batteries ASAP. Make sure they fully charge. They will self-discharge to about half power after the number of days, set in the app. The Drone will not go bad but the batteries will. Make sure they don't swell, when you charge, if they have sat for a long time.
Go fly, have fun.

Reactions: smaisy
Hi everyone!
Thank you!
Well that's a really good friend you have there, giving you a Phantom 4. Welcome to the PhantomPilots forum.

Reactions: smaisy
Hi and welcome, I am new to drones also, this site seems an excelent place to learn stuff. I have found it very useful so far.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic