A real Game Changer

kickthefences said:
im sorry to ear that, ive seen many sketchy stuff on the internet and (not saying im bullet proof) usually i can smell sketchy a mile away, starting that when you try to get in contact you get no response... im always available to talk about my project (the backpack, the website) im trying to start something new here, and im certain that ebay and the likes of them had people think it was sketchy when they appeared, some people still think that nowadays.
so its all good, im stiking by my project as i really think its a good one, and hope some of you share my opinion.
as for the details your are asking for its not that im trying to hide it... just if i tell everything it kind of invalidates the point of the website.
if i die on the beach as we usually say here in portugal.. then ill try and kickstart it, were youll end up paying at least triple the price it would cost to make one yourself.
so i guess its all good. meanwhile i will be enjoying my phantom like no one else can :cool:
always available for more questions

best regards
Paulo Silva

(If this controller trick was the plan of your game changer)
So you want €20.000 for telling this forum to use a ps3 controller (or something like that) and how to do this ? :eek: :shock:
Or is it something completely different ???

DBS said:
I watched the video the other day and had an :idea: "oh ****" :idea: moment... blutoothed my PS3 controller to my Samsung tablet... mapped out the L1/L2 R1/R2 buttons to camera tilt/video start\stop and snapshot... works like a charm... amazing idea ... great way to keep hands on the controls during flight :D

Seems like youve nailed it. No comments from the OP... :D

Well guess he did
Cant blame one for trying to have a better life, can you?
20000€ seems like a lot?? It wouls took less then 2 dolars from each member to reach my goal, think my idea is worth at least that, because as many of you now will see it makes flying the phantom that much enjoyable.
Well at least ill always know im the one who tought of it first :cool:
And if you do think its a good idea ill keep my website up and running, when you put your bird up in the sky and feel the pleasure of having the whole set of controls at reach feel free to donate :) ,cause as you can see its not sketchy at all ;)
The backpack really does what i was advertising.

Regards

Is this a joke? I don't think kickthefences has a clue how crowdfunding works

kickthefences said:
Well guess he did
20000€ seems like a lot?? It wouls took less then 2 dolars from each member to reach my goal, think my idea is worth at least that, because as many of you now will see it makes flying the phantom that much enjoyable.
And if you do think its a good idea ill keep my website up and running, when you put your bird up in the sky and feel the pleasure of having the whole set of controls at reach feel free to donate :) ,cause as you can see its not sketchy at all ;)

Regards

That is not the purpose of this forum, here we share the things for free if we can.
Enthusiasts share things with each other dude.
We all try to help each other here (for free).
You are clearly a reflection of society. :|
I think you're not in the right place here in MHO

So being an iOS user, this bluetooth thing wouldn't have even worked for me? Thanks for including that info in your 'game changer'...

Morgon said:
So being an iOS user, this bluetooth thing wouldn't have even worked for me? Thanks for including that info in your 'game changer'...

There were a few holes in the plan :)

Ole DBS is the man figuring this stuff out. My Phantom hero :mrgreen:

M.Tigelaar said:
kickthefences said:
Well guess he did

Regards

That is not the purpose of this forum, here we share the things for free if we can.

I've purchased several items I've found advertised by and produced by forum members here. Are you suggesting I was taken advantage of and these products should have been given free of charge to me?
I thought $27 for that little 3-D printed "bigger" battery door was a bit high, can you guide me on getting a refund?
Thanks!

GoodnNuff said:
I've purchased several items I've found advertised by and produced by forum members here. Are you suggesting I was taken advantage of and these products should have been given free of charge to me?
I thought $27 for that little 3-D printed "bigger" battery door was a bit high, can you guide me on getting a refund?
Thanks!
I think the difference is you got a physical product.

This was just a way to get some money to say "hey just use your game controller"

It was to buy plans, correct? I have several fixed wing RC models in my hangar that I purchased as nothing more than 'plans.'

rrmccabe said:
Morgon said:

There were a few holes in the plan :)

Ole DBS is the man figuring this stuff out. My Phantom hero :mrgreen:

Ya gotta get up pretty early in the morning to outsmart Big Chuck... :mrgreen:

GoodnNuff said:
It was to buy plans, correct? I have several fixed wing RC models in my hangar that I purchased as nothing more than 'plans.'

Thing is, I'd buy plans, for a reasonable cost. That'd be something. This guy isn't selling plans. He's going to wait until enough people kick in before you can even get anything from him. That's what's fishy about it. As I say, I don't do preorder, so why would I send in money for something I might not get should he not hit his goal.

Your money, do as you wish. But I have my doubts you ever get anything from him. That's just my buyer beware.

Morgon said:

You should read a little before writing stuff that clearly you dont have a clue about, try googleing " blutrol", just because this was firts tested in ios on an ipad, and itdoes work.

Wasnt planning on leaving anyone out of the loop, and i bet all of you already bought something that was much more useless then this idea and havent tryed to crucify the one who sold you crap in the first place...
So thanks for all that can see i had a good thing here...
As for hatemailers with uninformed opinions...well i bet you'l be enjoying my idea too :D

Regards

kickthefences said:
Morgon said:

You should read a little before writing stuff that clearly you dont have a clue about, try googleing " blutrol", just because this was firts tested in ios on an ipad, and itdoes work.

Please take your own advice. I'm fully aware that Bluetooth devices work on jailbroken iOS devices, which is what the 'Blutrol' requires. I - and the vast majority of iOS users - don't have jailbroken devices.

Therefore my comment still stands, is still valid, and your response (especially this laughable-if-not-sad quote, "i bet all of you already bought something that was much more useless then this idea" as some sort of justification to give you money) is extremely telling. Please stop digging your hole; swallow the rest of your pride and let's talk about your thoughts in a civil, adult manner.

GoodnNuff said:
M.Tigelaar said:
kickthefences said:
Well guess he did

Regards

Are you suggesting I was taken advantage?
Thanks!

YES.

You come here on the forum with a good idea, and the first thing you do is ask for € 20,000.
And then you will show it to us................ ;)
There are more good ideas like yourself, such as aluminum foil mod for GPS etc etc etc.
Or the guy who has changed ground station distense with hours of work.
No one have paid for that.
In that case anyone with a good idea for the phantom can ask for money.
How do you think it will be then on this forum? :|
So it is not a hobby.
You compare it to someone who sells a clearly homemade product,
do you see for yourself no real difference ??? :shock:
Thanks!

Forums (fora?) are places for sharing and exchanging information. Some people choose to advertise physical products and others choose to buy them. I've never seen anyone charge money for an idea on any forum I've been on in the last 18 years, which is what Kickthefences is doing. He's not having to raise money for manufacturing or employing R&D personnel, this is just his get rich quick scheme (which is currently still sitting at $10).

Respect to DBS for both figuring out, and sharing it.

wattage said:
Respect to DBS for both figuring out, and sharing it.

I dunno if i deserve all that but i'll take it :ugeek:

Kinda wishy washy about the whole thing... i feel bad about outing the guy the way i did... but i kept thinking that this could be an easy solution for a lot of users who still hate the DJI on screen tilt ... and the "concept" isn't really an idea at all... it's more of a realization that this works with that.

The backpack and however it's put together are still an idea... just poor execution...

If anything... i just saved this guy from a shitstorm of negative feedback if he had actually continued with this AND got the funding goal AND THEN told people to go get a game controller... i think it would have been much worse if he let it play out all the way like that.

The thing that really grinds my gears ... is the timeline... he realized this on "whatever date"... and we all could have benefited from it at that time... but money gets the better of the situation and we all sit around waiting for a firmware update to release the 7th channel control when this has been sitting right in front of us in the hands of somebody who doesn't wanna talk about it unless we pay him to do so.

I ain't mad at the guy... everybody wants to make a buck... i'm mad at myself for not making this connection back in april when i should have... i used the same method with a PS3 controller to fly my AR Drone back in 2012 with a Nexus 7 tablet and the Sixaxis button mapping app to run FreeFlight... i just about punched myself in the face when i saw his concept video... (true story bro) :|

Being completely new to this hobby, this is my first RC, and being completely ignorant when it comes to the use of game controllers and button mapping devices, I would've gladly paid $20 or more maybe as high as $50 if a set of plans with required hardware and detailed instructions for the build and tech support when I get in a jam were the offer. That's a viable concept and the buyer gets value for his investment.

Maybe it's a cultural variance, but I think your marketing strategy would have been more successful if it was more in line with customary processes not coming across as a get rich quick scheme ... But this is only my opinion.

You really do have a good idea and you should have the right to decide to share for free or make a buck by providing a service. I think we all would prefer to receive the product or service when paid.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.