A real Game Changer

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... you'll probably want to fix the url in your original post.

But, am I right that the gist of the site is to crowdfund opensource projects??

It'll be interesting to see if it'll get any traction. But it's not going to be a game changer in its current state. The website is too amateur to instill any confidence in what you're donating to.

The TX Backpack sounds like a cool idea, too... unfortunately the video failed to really show the project.

Thanks for fixing the url geert ;)

As for showing the backpack i think its form isnt important has you will be building your own, you can make it more to your liking :)

The website looking amateur... It is... ;) its my first website but an idea i had for some time...
Im glad to ear all your critics and improve over time... All opinions count to me, i am here and available for your questions...
And if any of you has a project and want to use my platform to fund it feel free to contact me :)

Thank you guys :cool:

kickthefences said:
As for showing the backpack i think its form isnt important has you will be building your own, you can make it more to your liking :)

So now I'm even MORE confused about this site. You're not even trying to fund PLANS for projects, but simply IDEAS for projects?? I think you're missing a very key segment of the audience that might use this site... the DIY folks who still want full plans and instructions to follow. If the project is simply an idea and a parts list and you say "here, go off and build it to your liking", you've just turned off a large percentage of the crowd you're trying to get funding from.

By not actually focusing on the product (or at least YOUR version of it that you built to your liking), you leave the impression that it's unfinished and may not be doing everything you say it does. And who would want to fund something like that. All the aerial shots in your video are beautiful, but they're the kind of stuff that pilots are ALREADY getting with their Phantoms. Your job in the video is to show why your project makes the result better or easier. Something you just can't do without close-ups showing the Backpack actually being used.

kickthefences said:
The website looking amateur... It is... ;) its my first website but an idea i had for some time...

The problem is, anymore on the web, you get one visit to make an impression. If early visitors get a bad impression of the site, they don't tell anyone about it. And the site fails.

If you look at Kickstarter or Dropbox or any website nowadays that is trying to push a new idea or paradigm, even when they were in beta they had very professional looking interfaces. They spent a lot of time getting it designed and baked before ANYONE outside of the organization ever saw it. Because they knew they needed to get people hooked on first sight.

Find a designer friend. Find a user experience friend. You need to get it looking much more professional and quickly.

hi

thank you for your constructive opinion, always valuable

concerning the website you are right, has for the examples you gave (kickstarter, etc...) again spot on, the diference is im a one man organisation :)
so my objective is to improve the website if it grows... counting with the precious help of users like yourself and their honest opinion.

about the backpack, its not a parts list, i will give a step by step guide on how to build one, everything connections, software, the works...
what i meant was the outside look of it will depend on you,

the video could be a little clearer, but if you look closely you can see when the phantom is on the ground that the gimball is moving without me reaching for the phone.

anyway thanks and will be taking your notes in consideration to improve the website.

cheers :p

ok guys here goes some more of the backpack features:

-Compatible with phantom 2 vision/vision+

-you will have 4 phisical buttons

-2 buttons control the tilt of the camera the other two control picture taking and video recording enableing you to keep maneuvering and controling the camera at the same time without reaching for your phone, a lot more intuitive then any lever system.

-it works at the same time has the vision app, full fpv all the way.

-the build wont cost you anymore then 30 $us.

cheers and safe flying ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl