A question?

Reaction score
I went for a flight this morning and it went from P mode to Atti mode but the reason I think it did that was I went to shut off some of them pop-up's that appear on the screen "wind warning", heliport " and a green square appeared where I pressed right near the little x that would have closed the window but instead I think it entered one of them modes that are enabled but I never use( press on the screen and it goes there) If thats the case I'll just disable that mode but it never happen before , so the question is does it always go into atti mode when pressing a spot on the screen and when it reaches that spot does it return back into P mode
Picture this your headed away from you one minute then you let go of the stick for a sec or two and you see the copter headed back your way :confused: without your hand on the right stick

green square is more likely the focus point for the camera.

You can't just accidentally enter any of 'them modes' that easily

green square is more likely the focus point for the camera.

You can't just accidentally enter any of 'them modes' that easily

Ok thank you sir I dunno then I just checked the flight log I also had a magnetic field , compass error at the time this happened that I don't recall seeing on the screen after takeoff, before take-off it was there but not after .

My understanding and experience is that the only way you can switch between P-GPS mode to Atti mode is by either manually selecting it or flying in and around overhead obstructions that cause satellite drop out. Poking around on the app screen won't do much unless you are consciously selecting various IOC modes or similar. Were you flying in one of those modes when this happened? Having said that there was a thread earlier where someone with a P4 had an event where it changed over mid flight and no one seems to have an answer as yet. The green square as mentioned is for your camera focus.

Ok thank you sir I dunno then I just checked the flight log I also had a magnetic field , compass error at the time this happened that I don't recall seeing on the screen after takeoff, before take-off it was there but not after .
Sorry but I just replied before seeing your update. Did you have your home point recorded and enough satellites before you took off. A magnetic field and a compass error is not good for flying and is usually flagged at the top of the app, obviously not in your case.

A compass error will usually cause the Phantom to drop into atti mode and ignore GPS.
You can't accidentally go to atti by touching anything onscreen.

Sorry but I just replied before seeing your update. Did you have your home point recorded and enough satellites before you took off. A magnetic field and a compass error is not good for flying and is usually flagged at the top of the app, obviously not in your case.

Yes the home point was recorded and at about mid-flight it went into RTH for a low battery but it still had 62% left , I quickly shut it off and continued flying
Yes according to the flight log I believe I had 13-14 satellites when it went into atti mode later in the flight it went up to 18

Yes the home point was recorded and at about mid-flight it went into RTH for a low battery but it still had 62% left , I quickly shut it off and continued flying
Yes according to the flight log I believe I had 13-14 satellites when it went into atti mode later in the flight it went up to 18
I had a low battery RTH today at 65% and ignored it and kept going. No ATTI warning, but I pushed my luck as I could see what was going on and landed at 23%. As meta4 mentioned a compass error will create havoc but I'm not sure how that happened in your case.

A compass error will usually cause the Phantom to drop into atti mode and ignore GPS.
You can't accidentally go to atti by touching anything onscreen.
Ok gotcha ,so I just got home and took a closer look at the flight record and it seems that I had more then just a compass error I also had a speed error and a yaw error I'm grateful that it worked out but I just wanna know if I did something that caused it thats all I included a link to it.. Thank you for your help.. I was only 500 ft away when all this happened...

Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

I had a low battery RTH today at 65% and ignored it and kept going. No ATTI warning, but I pushed my luck as I could see what was going on and landed at 23%. As meta4 mentioned a compass error will create havoc but I'm not sure how that happened in your case.
I'm kinda getting the feeling that the low battery RTH thing is the battery firmware update that some people here have talked about..

The low battery RTH is a setting in the dji 4 app that can be enabled/disabled. The battery firmware update is something completely different.
I know about the low battery warning setting in the app mine is set to 30% not the 62% I received mine in and I believe you said you got one in 65 %, I got one the first day I updated the firmware in the 60% range . I dunno

I know about the low battery warning setting in the app mine is set to 30% not the 62% I received mine in and I believe you said you got one in 65 %, I got one the first day I updated the firmware in the 60% range . I dunno
The low battery RTH is separate to the two battery warning settings (mine are both 10% and 30%). When it fires up, it tells you you only have enough battery to return home and it will RTH unless you cancel it. I am thinking that this particular type of smart RTH calculates your distance and the load on your motors and figures that if you don't return it's not going to make it back. Mine often signals that warning when I'm out doing a distance run, I usually bring it straight back due to not knowing what the wind is doing at the heights and distances I fly.

Reactions: lickitysplit11111
The low battery RTH is separate to the two battery warning settings (mine are both 10% and 30%). When it fires up, it tells you you only have enough battery to return home and it will RTH unless you cancel it. I am thinking that this particular type of smart RTH calculates your distance and the load on your motors and figures that if you don't return it's not going to make it back. Mine often signals that warning when I'm out doing a distance run, I usually bring it straight back due to not knowing what the wind is doing at the heights and distances I fly.
Now I follow thank you for explaining , now it makes sense because on both of those flights I did make it back home with more than 30 % left , this is great to know and a built in reminder for me to keep and eye on my battery level on long flights...

Now I follow thank you for explaining , now it makes sense because on both of those flights I did make it back home with more than 30 % left , this is great to know and a built in reminder for me to keep and eye on my battery level on long flights...
You will probably end up like me with your eyeballs glued to the battery level and your control signal strength and you're swearing furiously. That particular setting is pretty conservative and if you watch the time line at the top of the app, you get a good idea of how much further you can push it if you want to.

You will probably end up like me with your eyeballs glued to the battery level and your control signal strength and you're swearing furiously. That particular setting is pretty conservative and if you watch the time line at the top of the app, you get a good idea of how much further you can push it if you want to.
Naa I'm the opposite it seems I can have pop-ups and warnings coming on an I miss them I remained pretty calm when things started happening on they're own for a few seconds that things can go really bad really quick if I dont react correctly I'm just more concerned with why it happened just so I dont repeat it if it was something I did..

Naa I'm the opposite it seems I can have pop-ups and warnings coming on an I miss them I remained pretty calm when things started happening on they're own for a few seconds that things can go really bad really quick if I dont react correctly I'm just more concerned with why it happened just so I dont repeat it if it was something I did..
Yeah getting back to your original problem regarding the switch to atti mode, unless there was a problem with your compass calibration or compass settings, no idea. Something changed in your flying area or a calibration surrounded by metal or electrical inteference?

Yeah getting back to your original problem regarding the switch to atti mode, unless there was a problem with your compass calibration or compass settings, no idea. Something changed in your flying area or a calibration surrounded by metal or electrical inteference?
Gotcha maybe I'll just avoid flying from that location and see how things go

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TimCJWolfe