A new firmware update (V1.1.8) is now available for Phantom 3

Reaction score
A new firmware update (V1.1.8) is now available for Phantom 3. Please visit http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download to download and update your Phantom 3.

Overview:

All-in-One Firmware version updated to:v1.1.8

Major Updates:

Fixed the issue of failure to update the firmware if the remote controller is turned off.

Notice:

1. Users are advised to update the firmware version to v1.1.8, otherwise future firmware will not be able to install.

2. Re-link the remote controller to the aircraft if the connection is lost after the firmware update.

I just updated mine last night.....guess I know what I'm doing again tonight.
yes - only file in root is the latest firmware bin (take off the .txt file as well)

The first time I tried, nothing happened.

I then switched on the drone and re did the update (i know its supposed to work without the drone on).

2nd time it worked fine.

Check the text file created as well to confirm.

So quick question..l if I upload the firmware off the sd card that came with the p3, and I upgrade to a 64GB, do I have to transfer the firmware to the new card, or is it saved in the p3 memory?

So quick question..l if I upload the firmware off the sd card that came with the p3, and I upgrade to a 64GB, do I have to transfer the firmware to the new card, or is it saved in the p3 memory?

You can remove it from the card. Firmware upgrades the hardware of the quad.

Reactions: Brandon H
Updated my Pro today to the 1.1.8, again no problems. Not flew it yet with the new update, let you know how it goes hopefully tomorrow. :)

I updated both with no issues today, flew 1km away, and then looped around my backyard for a while. No new issues. I didn't have old issues either though...

Got my replacement on Wednesday (since my original unit that got shipped came with a broken controller), updated to latest firmware at the time but couldn't fly because of rain. Saw the new firmware this AM and upgraded this afternoon, flew tonight with no issues (first flight). Much smoother than the P2V IMO... Nice copter, I just hope it lasts.

just did mine, did the TX first worked great and was pretty fast, then I did the bird also went pretty quick. it crazy windy right now so I just did a quick flight to test and worked like a champ.

running on android pilot app if that matters to anyone

Just doing this now. Drone is making this high pitched du,du,du,du sound over and over (which sounds a bit like a motor that can't turn properly). Gimbal LED is flashing red and green. It says it can take 25 minutes so will sit and wait.
Update: After about 8-10 minutes it's changed to a duuu, du du sound and the gimbal LED has stopped flashing.
Update 2: After about 30 minutes it's still making duuu, du du sound.

Last edited:
When I went to 1.1.6 it took 15 minutes or so.
When I went to 1.1.8 (this update) it took less than
2 minutes.

If you view hidden files from a Windows machine there is a
more specific log file in the MISC directory on the SD card.
It notes a ton of version levels for specific things.
The 1.1.8 update only updates 1 of those items. I figure that's
why 1.1.8 updated so fast.

Just to be sure: having the original firmware I need to flash 1.1.6 then 1.1.8 or I can directly flash 1.1.8 ?

A
Just doing this now. Drone is making this high pitched du,du,du,du sound over and over (which sounds a bit like a motor that can't turn properly). Gimbal LED is flashing red and green. It says it can take 25 minutes so will sit and wait.
Update: After about 8-10 minutes it's changed to a duuu, du du sound and the gimbal LED has stopped flashing.
Update 2: After about 30 minutes it's still making duuu, du du sound.
According to one DJI firmware tutorial it will keep beeping "duuu, du du" endlessly. It's done. You can turn off your Phantom and check the txt file.

All done now. The controller only took about 1 minute to update (even the instructions says 10).. just wait for the LED to go green. For the drone, it took about 8-10 minutes. Skyy is right, that duuu,du du (not du du du du) is the sound to wait for. Also the gimbal LED will stop flashing. After this can power down/reset.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic