A new firmware update is now available for Phantom 3

Someone with the off horizon tell me if it fixes it after an IMU and gimbal calibration.

I won't be able to test until tonight if it's not raining.

I wish they would be more specific and list each item fixed instead of just noting "various fixes".

Reactions: jlo
hallo .
I did upgrade my P3A . After 20-25 minutes the sound was D - DD . I turned it off and I formatted the card . When I turned back the phantom does this
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=q9MK5PtF4gw

The correct link to your video is
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Try starting the update from scratch. If that doesn't work contact support.

Extra battery update was not needed for me, only needed to do initial update to Phantom and RC.

Please note that after upgrading firmware, you will have to reset your specific preferences as it changed mine back to default. This includes braking, camera gimbal speed, height for return, turned back on Vision Positioning System.

I love firmware update day!!! Makes me feel like all my family is together for the holidays AND they're all drunk and fighting.

Great stuff! I love you guys and gals...... Lmao!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Please note that after upgrading firmware, you will have to reset your specific preferences as it changed mine back to default. This includes braking, camera gimbal speed, height for return, turned back on Vision Positioning System.

That's in my preflight checklist. Before every flight I walk through each configuration screen and verify settings are what I want for this flight. Takes less than a minute with practice and gives you something to do while the IMU is warming up.

Guys, read the instructions carefully this time.

On the P3A you do not need to update the transmitter... BUT on the P3P, you will NEED to update the transmitter. P3A is code 1.2.7 P3P is code 1.2.6! Note the difference.

P3A - No need to updated transmitter
P3P - Code updates transmitter as well as your Phantom 3 Professional.

Makes no sense because it says it fixes distortion for non 4k videos. Why would it need to be updated for P3P and not P3A?

Makes no sense because it says it fixes distortion for non 4k videos. Why would it need to be updated for P3P and not P3A?

Already commented on this later in the thread. It has been found that the update is for BOTH the Advanced and Professional RC.

I got caught out by that too. I went past my normal max altitude by about 100 feet before I realised it. Then while I was flying at around 350 feet up my battery warnings suddenly came on (at 30%), with the lady inside the app insisting that she wanted to land now!

Both can be quite disconcerting and a bit dangerous too.

P3P and controller updated without issue. P3P took 20 minutes, Controller took less than 1 minute. Both txt files reported successes. Link remained solid. Both batteries inserted with .bin file in place but no documentation of any upgraded battery firmware reported.
Height Limit Reset
VPS Reset to ON
RTH Height Reset to default
Can't find Low Battery Fail Safe Mode (RTH or "Land here") The normal Control Signal Loss Fail safe is there just can't find the Low Battery fail safe.

I may have missed it scanning thru the posts... Getting my P3P hopefully soon, do I need to flash the previous firmware updates before this latest release? I'm guessing you can see your current firmware in the Pilot app? Thanks for helping out a noob!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic