A new firmware update is now available for Phantom 3

For P3A, my RC is updated to 1.2.7.

I'd disagree with this as the firmware either updates the batteries or it does not. It won't magically update them the 3rd or 4th power up. Also, leaving the firmware on the SD card means the P3 will attempt to update itself on every power up. So you would need to wait several minutes each power up just to have the firmware install stop.

If your P3 has the latest firmware it will ignore the .bin file on the sd. It'll just create another txt file that states no firmware update was needed. It will not re-update every time you power on. You will not have to wait several minutes on another update.

It its wise to keep the firmware on the root directory of your SD until you've cycled all your batteries. Then format the card erasing the firmware. With all the reports of battery failures, critical power loss, critical battery level even though your got 95% left - I would think it foolish to simply assume you don't need to worry about making sure the battery is up to date. I too wish DJI would clearly state what parts of the equipment the new firmware is necessity for and why. But....better safe than sorry.

Reactions: desertcat
I guess it's best to update the craft and controller with new firmware unless the release notes suggest otherwise, like with the previous release.

Easy answer
them that have updated p3p or p3a allready did it perform a controller update when usb stick was put in controller
yes or no
thanks guys
Well my advanced controller seemed to do update, see my post above.

I love the smell of a new Bin file in the morning... ;-)

Bbb bbb bbb... Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Can someone detail a successful p3a update including rc? I'm currently updating the quad

I just updated my P3 Professional. Will report on first flight soon. The first couple of times I powered up on the kitchen table, no blades, it kept connecting and disconnecting. But then it settled in and now seems normal. Stay tuned. Film at 11 ...

For the P3P Controller - Yes, updated to version 14, only took 2 minutes of beeping coming from 1.1.9 (1.1.8 really).

For the P3P itself - same deep log file as above (hidden on card) showing 8 firmware items updated. Roughly 20 minutes.

For the P3P Batteries - Shutdown and swapped batteries, hidden log file said no updates. Public log file said "The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft." -- this has me wondering if it copies the whole file up to the aircraft, so it has it ready if a battery update is required. I haven't checked my 3rd battery yet (charging).

Guys, it states in the "How to update the firmware" document, found inside the ZIP file of the firmware. I mentioned this earlier, my only mistake was that I did not read the P3P Advanced version because I do not own one. I assumed so because of a post earlier. My bad. But yep, if you just read the instructions, it was pretty clear.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-15 at 8.37.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-15 at 8.37.33 AM.png
    102 KB · Views: 590
Finished upgrading P2P & RC (two batteries). This time I see RC update for the first time, and ESC didn't sing "CEGA" (wakeup song). :)
Battery again seems not to be upgraded - here's P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt . The success is for 1st time (bird + battery 1 upgrade), and failure is for 2nd time (battery 2 upgrade).
--
Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.02.0006.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

Reactions: woobisah
Couldn't get my P3P to start updating after inserting the SD card with the .bin file in the root. Had to reformat the card, copy the .bin file over again and then it started updating. It's currently D-D-D-D-ing me to death in my office. LOL

IMPORTANT Note:
1. for some reason RC controllers often doesn't recognize .bin file unless SD is formatted (FAT32) before copying new fw [P3A & P3P].
2. Both RC (P3P and P3A) need to be updated to last release.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers