A new firmware update is now available for Phantom 3

It's best to always keep the latest firmware in the root of your memory card. That will allow the DJI Pilot application to install updates on your batteries as needed.
I format my card before each flight so trying to keep the latest firmware on the card isn't an option.

Screen Shot 2015-06-15 at 15.43.52.png

Just a note.
My quad updated as expected (second try)
I plugged in a usb stick with the update into the p3p controller and nothing happened.
Plugged the controller into the gimbal, powered up the p3p and the controller and
it updated.

well I stuck it in the remote control just in case and it did an update as the release notes are not clear if its the tx on the advance or not as well.

Screen Shot 2015-06-15 at 15.47.09.png
Screen Shot 2015-06-15 at 15.47.21.png

SDK Support has been available since inception.
When will it come in the APPs? When its ready anyone's guess.
As mentioned, support for the SDK requires a firmware update. It appears that this one won't offer SDK support either. Blade has stayed it might be several more weeks before that is released.

[P3A] I can't remember RC update procedure... need aircraft powered on to flash RC ?

EDIT: ok success, I needed to reformat microSD ...

It's best to always keep the latest firmware in the root of your memory card. That will allow the DJI Pilot application to install updates on your batteries as needed.
I'd disagree with this as the firmware either updates the batteries or it does not. It won't magically update them the 3rd or 4th power up. Also, leaving the firmware on the SD card means the P3 will attempt to update itself on every power up. So you would need to wait several minutes each power up just to have the firmware install stop.

Reactions: loganboyd and snerd
Guys, read the instructions carefully this time.

On the P3A you do not need to update the transmitter... BUT on the P3P, you will NEED to update the transmitter. P3A is code 1.2.7 P3P is code 1.2.6! Note the difference.

P3A - No need to updated transmitter
P3P - Code updates transmitter as well as your Phantom 3 Professional.

Where did you find your instructions? Post a link if you're referencing specific info.
You've stated the P3P transmitter NEEDS to be updated... another knowledgeable source states DO NOT NEED to update the transmitter if you've got 1.8 or later already installed.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-21296-1-1.html

I just read the release notes for both the Professional and the Advanced and neither says anything about updating or not updating the RC firmware for the updates released today (v1.2.6 and v1.2.7). If you scroll down a page in the release notes to the v1.1.9 firmware dated 2015.5.22, they both (P3P and P3A) say it is not necessary to update the RC for that release. I'm wondering if someone got the info about not needing to update the P3A RC from the old release note for v1.1.9.

Where did you find your instructions? Post a link if you're referencing specific info.
You've stated the P3P transmitter NEEDS to be updated... another knowledgeable source states DO NOT NEED to update the transmitter if you've got 1.8 or later already installed.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-21296-1-1.html

Message above shows that the RC was successfully updated. Do as you wish. I read the instructions in the ZIP file of the P3P 1.2.6 firmware. Plan to update my RC as well.

Easy answer
them that have updated p3p or p3a allready did it perform a controller update when usb stick was put in controller
yes or no
thanks guys

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.