A little unstable flight and got atti mode while flying. Should I be worried?

Reaction score
Flew my replacement phantom from dji yesterday and flew it today. I have noticed that it isn't as stable as the one I bought from best buy and during my flight the Drone went into atti mode. I was out over a lake and really had no interference. Got a little nervous as it looked as if I was losing altitude. I brought it back in and landed. Should I be concerned. I will be reviewing the logs and posting them on here later.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
I've had one completely random instance like this and, like you, stayed calm and brought it back. I'd flown in the same area on countless occasions and never had a problem... And have flown there many times since and not had a single issue like it. Most odd. Personally I'd stick with it for a few more flights and see if it's a repeating problem.

Last edited:
I've had one completely random instance like this and, like you, stayed calm and brought it back. I'd flown in the same area on countless occasions and never had a problem... And have flown there many times since and not a sidle listen like it. Most odd. Personally I'd stick with it for a few more flights and see if it's a repeating problem.

Yea I'm going to keep an eye on it. I can't say this happened to my last one but we will see if it happens again

Today I had my first flight. Mine flew very smooth. But I dont think it was quite as stable as my last one either.

I'm hoping that's the case. The wind was a little strong yesterday so that could have played a lart

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I suggest you to carefully analyze the logs and check if there is any abnormal behavior anywhere. Figure out why did you loose GPS.

Check your sensor screen right before takeoff.
I will sometimes get no data from the sensors if I do not start up in the correct order of RC,AC,APP.
Also make sure there are enough sats and the GPS signal strength is good.(4 or 5 bars) If you drop to 3 bars you are in ATTI mode and
that will be a shocker if it is windy.

Rule 1 of Flight Testing: Expect things to go wrong. Plan Accordingly.

Flying over a lake just isn't one of those things I do when I'm testing things out. Remember, Murphy was an optimist.

Reactions: Sim597
I suggest you to carefully analyze the logs and check if there is any abnormal behavior anywhere. Figure out why did you loose GPS.
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

here is the log from that day. can someone take a look and see what they think. I was flying today and again got something similar. Told me i had a compass error and went to atti mode, when i wasnt near anything that would cause interference. it didnt last long but still concerning.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl