A huge bird (Vulture?) comes at my Phantom 4 Pro+ v2.0 on it's maiden voyage

Reaction score
My maiden voyage of my new Phantom 4 pro+ v2.0 got the attention of a huge bird. I was filming at 4K/60fps so I was able to do a zoom in/slo-mo video of the attack.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Attachments

• TowerBird-1.jpg
    TowerBird-1.jpg
    658.4 KB · Views: 550
  • TowerBirdFull-1.jpg
    TowerBirdFull-1.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 516
My maiden voyage of my new Phantom 4 pro+ v2.0 got the attention of a huge bird. I was filming at 4K/60fps so I was able to do a zoom in/slo-mo video of the attack.

That is an incredible picture! Makes the close call worth it!

Reactions: vjdave

Although not your intended subject, that's a great photo!

We have a lot of turkey vultures here. They like to come in for a closer look, but I haven't had one try to attack the drone. It makes me nervous, but I stay up there and film them flying around.

We have a lot of turkey vultures here. They like to come in for a closer look, but I haven't had one try to attack the drone. It makes me nervous, but I stay up there and film them flying around.
Whew! Lucky he veered off!
Turkey Vultures are NOT Killers. At least not for their food. I am guessing that this does not mean that they cannot get pissy and agressive.

There are two eagles that make their nest each year on an island that is about 1000' from my shore line. Another very important reason to maintain VLOS ... other than to check for seaplanes and ultralight (which frequent my lake) is to keep an eye on eagles. The best evasive measure, if they approach your drone is to fly straight up rapidly. Birds attack from above. Your drone flies upward rapidly and downward slowly. Trying to fly horizontally with evasive maneuvers won't work either.

Reactions: Timmerd
Wow, you did get lucky. I just lost a Mavic Pro to a Red Tailed hawk. I knew he was in the area, but nailed it outta nowhere.

Reactions: Dallas Drone Guy

This is no Turkey Volture, this one is way to big and has a black head, Turkey Voltures are more pale and read.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.