A huge bird (Vulture?) comes at my Phantom 4 Pro+ v2.0 on it's maiden voyage

We have a lot of turkey vultures here. They like to come in for a closer look, but I haven't had one try to attack the drone. It makes me nervous, but I stay up there and film them flying around.

We have a lot of turkey vultures here. They like to come in for a closer look, but I haven't had one try to attack the drone. It makes me nervous, but I stay up there and film them flying around.
Whew! Lucky he veered off!
Turkey Vultures are NOT Killers. At least not for their food. I am guessing that this does not mean that they cannot get pissy and agressive.

Website
schundlerphoto.com
There are two eagles that make their nest each year on an island that is about 1000' from my shore line. Another very important reason to maintain VLOS ... other than to check for seaplanes and ultralight (which frequent my lake) is to keep an eye on eagles. The best evasive measure, if they approach your drone is to fly straight up rapidly. Birds attack from above. Your drone flies upward rapidly and downward slowly. Trying to fly horizontally with evasive maneuvers won't work either.

My maiden voyage of my new Phantom 4 pro+ v2.0 got the attention of a huge bird. I was filming at 4K/60fps so I was able to do a zoom in/slo-mo video of the attack.

This is no Turkey Volture, this one is way to big and has a black head, Turkey Voltures are more pale and read.

Last edited:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weiconplus