A couple questions...

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a couple questions about the P3P.

1. When should I be doing an IMU calibration?
2. Even though my home point is saved and I press the return to home button it lands right where it is. Why would it be doing this?
3. How do you save videos and pictures directly to your tablet/ phone you are using the app on?

Thanks

DJI instructed me to because I got a sonic sensor error...

Got 3 flights with the ph3. 1 indoor and 2 outdoor. On the second flight I also got an ultrasonic interference warning and to land immediately. Just learning the ins and outs of this and have no idea how or what happened. Hooked it up to the flight data and it shows nothing. At a loss here?!?!?

I have mine turned off til dji figures it out and I do not fly indoors anyway......
What do you have turned off? The drone itself or a function in the app? Like I said still learning the ins and outs of this... sorry for all the questions but the more info the better for us all!!

Hey everyone, I have a couple questions about the P3P.

2. Even though my home point is saved and I press the return to home button it lands right where it is. Why would it be doing this?

Thanks

RTH within 60 feet simply lands the aircraft, according to blade strike
You need to be over 60 feet away for it to return to the home point

RTH within 60 feet simply lands the aircraft, according to blade strike
You need to be over 60 feet away for it to return to the home point
Yes that is accurate. Something else DJI failed to mention in the manuals. Thanks

Horton, please consider making your title more descriptive. It may help other folks who are searching for the same information and avoid duplicate posts on the forum.

Glad you got it figured out!

Reactions: dirkclod
Horton, please consider making your title more descriptive. It may help other folks who are searching for the same information and avoid duplicate posts on the forum.

Glad you got it figured out!

Are you a moderator/owner here? I've been on many forums and they're all the same. You'll never get everyone to fall in line with the "6 things" unless those that don't get banned. I think you're chasing your tail trying to control duplicate posts, punctuation, etc. I'm new so genuinely just asking your role in moderating the forums.

Are you a moderator/owner here? I've been on many forums and they're all the same. You'll never get everyone to fall in line with the "6 things" unless those that don't get banned. I think you're chasing your tail trying to control duplicate posts, punctuation, etc. I'm new so genuinely just asking your role in moderating the forums.

No, not a moderator here. I've been on forums that are well moderated and when it's like that information is easy to find. One of them has a rule that reads something like "Have a relevant title. Don't make someone have to click to see what your thread is about."

But yeah, I do a lot of chasing my tail here. I love this forum and want to make it better.

Reactions: dirkclod
Clipper: Perhaps make your suggestions to mods and let go of it. Not to be a **** but weeding through posts critiquing posting etiquette is not much different than weeding through useless thread titles.

Now, to the OP, I just did my advance IMI calibration. I will add that you can search acceptable numbers online (Google or YouTube) and compare your numbers to them. If you end up doing an advanced, make sure the phantom is COOL!! Mine was room temp and would NOT complete. A little research led me to put it in fridge for a few minutes and it did calibrarion quickly then. Not much more I can add to #1.

#2 has been answered.

#3 can also be found via Google or YouTube but I haven't done it yet. I want to be able fly skillfully without much GPS help before putting gimbal back on. I'm not there yet.

Matt

These su

6 topics down on this page matt and it has been discussed and still is ! http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...gs-we-can-do-to-make-this-forum-better.35014/

Yeah...I've never seen a forum actually stop duplicate threads, crappy titles, poor writing skills, etc. Then again, I guess I've never seen the attempts to control it stop either. It's like trying to rope water. It used to drive me nuts when I was working toward an Eng Lit major but realized I had to just accept it and move on. Okay...so moving on to the informative stuff. Still a much better forum than others I've seen.

Yeah...I've never seen a forum actually stop duplicate threads, crappy titles, poor writing skills, etc. Then again, I guess I've never seen the attempts to control it stop either. It's like trying to rope water. It used to drive me nuts when I was working toward an Eng Lit major but realized I had to just accept it and move on. Okay...so moving on to the informative stuff. Still a much better forum than others I've seen.
I do hear ya and it might not be done here but won't be because we didn't try!

Reactions: Clampit
Hitler's speechwriter's proofreader was a grammar Nazi. I shouldn't be and apologies for that. It's just when I look at a paragraph that goes on and on, I don't even want to decipher it.

It's just easier to get answers or share information with effective communication and civility. Of course English is not everyone's primary language, but a period or a comma every once in a while helps everyone, the writer most of all.

Couldn't agree more. Drives me nuts. But then I remind myself this is a place to learn/chat a bit about phantoms, not grammar. For those that use offensively bad grammar, I just skip it. Needless to say Clipper, I'll be reading all of your's that I come across.

Couldn't agree more. Drives me nuts. But then I remind myself this is a place to learn/chat a bit about phantoms, not grammar. For those that use offensively bad grammar, I just skip it. Needless to say Clipper, I'll be reading all of your's that I come across.
Looks like a threat there matt !
Naaaa ya didn't mean for it to look like that did ya !

Not in the slightest. It implied that I do read posts with proper grammar and his are to the stsndard he is hoping for.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20