8 pin Zenmuse cable damaged (photos)

Reaction score
I damaged one of the connectors on the 8-pin ribbon cable while pushing it through the bottom holes of the Phantom (those holes really could be just a millimetre bigger). The connector is a bit banged up, but still connects. It's not pretty, but it connects - I've attached two photos.

The Phantom/Gimbal power up, and everything works exactly the way it should. Should I be worried about this connection? Will I fry the gimbal if it comes undone? I'm ordering another one to be safe, but in the mean time should I worry about it?

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 2,047
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,907
It depends on what that part of the cable does. If that part of the cable is for the second video feed then it probably isn't an issue.

Zenmuse-wiring.png

I'll just point out that that's the diagram from the Z-15 Zenmuse, so unlikely that the pinout is the same, since the Z-15 has a 6-pin cable and an 8-pin, and I think the 8-pin is basically data and signal lines only, while power and whatnot is on the 6-pin. On the H3-2D, since it has only one video feed and only 2 axes, they were able to get everything onto one 8-pin ribbon.

I have never seen a pinout on this, because I would love to know how to cut off power to the darn thing so I could install a switch. :)

MrMediaGuy said:
I'll just point out that that's the diagram from the Z-15 Zenmuse, so unlikely that the pinout is the same, since the Z-15 has a 6-pin cable and an 8-pin, and I think the 8-pin is basically data and signal lines only, while power and whatnot is on the 6-pin. On the H3-2D, since it has only one video feed and only 2 axes, they were able to get everything onto one 8-pin ribbon.

I have never seen a pinout on this, because I would love to know how to cut off power to the darn thing so I could install a switch. :)

Good point. Since the unit works, I have been given a tip to hot glue the area so it doesn't short for the time being. Unless I find a better idea, that might have to do the trick.

Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl