8 pin to 6 pin power cable?

Reaction score
I’m building my second DJI FPV drone- I’m using the stack (F4- Tmotor) they sell on their website- using the inflight DC5 frame- the 8 pin to 6 pin air unit to flight controller cable is too short- anyone know where I could get a longer one- or can I just put a 6 pin connector on the original air unit cable?- I’m new to this

I’m building my second DJI FPV drone- I’m using the stack (F4- Tmotor) they sell on their website- using the inflight DC5 frame- the 8 pin to 6 pin air unit to flight controller cable is too short- anyone know where I could get a longer one- or can I just put a 6 pin connector on the original air unit cable?- I’m new to this

I don't know much about this particular build but your solution of putting a 6-pin connector onto the other end of the Air cable (see photo) seems reasonable. If you already have a spare 6-pin connector and pins then you can just solder them on and slide them into the plastic connector plug. If you don't have a spare 6-pin connector then you could cut off and solder on the 6-pin connector from the supplied cable, and protect the joints with heat shrink.

Another solution would be to solder in some extra lengths of cable into the middle of the supplied cable. I already have all the kit required, soldering station, solder, heat-shrink and the soldering skills to do it, because I build a lot of racing drones. With either method, pay very careful attention to getting all the connections right - but it shouldn't be to difficult as they are parallel cables, as far as I can see from photos online.

If you don't have kit for soldering then maybe you have a friend or acquaintance who can do it for you - or can even take it to a hobby shop to be done?

Attachments

• DJI Air.jpg
    DJI Air.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 534
Last edited:
thank you steve7777- I was hoping that could be the solution- the DJI people were baffled by that question haha- that’s exactly what I want to do is put 6 pin on existing stock DJI - hopefully I can get it done

thank you very much - greatly appreciated

Jeff

Reactions: Steve7777
I don't know much about this particular build but your solution of putting a 6-pin connector onto the other end of the Air cable (see photo) seems reasonable. If you already have a spare 6-pin connector and pins then you can just solder them on and slide them into the plastic connector plug. If you don't have a spare 6-pin connector then you could cut off and solder on the 6-pin connector from the supplied cable, and protect the joints with heat shrink.

Another solution would be to solder in some extra lengths of cable into the middle of the supplied cable. I already have krogerfeedback talktosonic talktowendys
all the kit required, soldering station, solder, heat-shrink and the soldering skills to do it, because I build a lot of racing drones. With either method, pay very careful attention to getting all the connections right - but it shouldn't be to difficult as they are parallel cables, as far as I can see from photos online.

If you don't have kit for soldering then maybe you have a friend or acquaintance who can do it for you - or can even take it to a hobby shop to be done?

Yes and i have the RE version of the goggles, it will link without a cable hookup ... I'll try this info tomorrow. Thanks. Keep the ideas rollin in. Thanks for the information.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl