64 Gig Micro SD Problems

Reaction score
I have had the 2nd 64 gig SD Card give me problems with loss of signal. The 1st time it happened, I scoured everything, not thinking it was the card until I sat back and did some analytical thoughts and realized the card was the only thing I had actually changed. Put in a 32 gig card and all was fine. I order in 2 new Lexar cards, 32 and 64 gig Category 10 and the nice U3 designation and did some flying during the Gentlemen Of The Road Tour we had here in town and the 32 gig was fine and as soon as I stuck in the 64 gig card, I immediately had the problem with loss of signal when it was only 50 ft from me. I just don't believe in coincidences of having 2 bad cards. Any thoughts from anyone. I'm not against just not using the 64 gig cards but it would be nice to at least know why this is. Thanks all who have any comments. Here is the video I created,
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
after which I was tired of the dark and wide range of brightness's and letting YouTube correct it for me. My daughter is a pro video artist and works for a firm that creates interactive digital things for advertisers such as Intel and she just hit the reset button, it did take care of my video issues. Now things are bright all the time. That one took back a little bit.

I have had the 2nd 64 gig SD Card give me problems with loss of signal. The 1st time it happened, I scoured everything, not thinking it was the card until I sat back and did some analytical thoughts and realized the card was the only thing I had actually changed. Put in a 32 gig card and all was fine. I order in 2 new Lexar cards, 32 and 64 gig Category 10 and the nice U3 designation and did some flying during the Gentlemen Of The Road Tour we had here in town and the 32 gig was fine and as soon as I stuck in the 64 gig card, I immediately had the problem with loss of signal when it was only 50 ft from me. I just don't believe in coincidences of having 2 bad cards. Any thoughts from anyone. I'm not against just not using the 64 gig cards but it would be nice to at least know why this is. Thanks all who have any comments. Here is the video I created,
after which I was tired of the dark and wide range of brightness's and letting YouTube correct it for me. My daughter is a pro video artist and works for a firm that creates interactive digital things for advertisers such as Intel and she just hit the reset button, it did take care of my video issues. Now things are bright all the time. That one took back a little bit.
How are you formatting the cards?

I 1st formatted the cards using DJI's own formatting in the controller and then I tried formatting them in my computer, both using FAT32 and there was no difference.

I'll try that today as soon as it quits raining and storming. Way to many computers coming into the shop today due to lightning strikes. Looks like a busy week. Thanks for the idea and I'll let you know as soon as I have tried that.

Reactions: bbfpv
Sorry, My bad. The 2 64 Gig were at exFAT, the 32 and 16 were at FAT32. Sorry for the mixup. That was my mis-call

I just tried something different. I reformatted it to NTFS (I know it won't work) with my computer and then inserted it into the unit and then had it reformat the card to exFAT. Just tried it and all is well now. Not sure why that would work but the only thing I thought of was to make it either raw or something different and maybe the formatting from that might be more intense in case there was a poorly formatted sector. Anyway, it's working now. Thank for the help.

I just tried something different. I reformatted it to NTFS (I know it won't work) with my computer and then inserted it into the unit and then had it reformat the card to exFAT. Just tried it and all is well now. Not sure why that would work but the only thing I thought of was to make it either raw or something different and maybe the formatting from that might be more intense in case there was a poorly formatted sector. Anyway, it's working now. Thank for the help.
Kind of what I was getting at. Glad clearing the card worked.

Have I missed something here? Are you saying that an incorrectly formatted SD card caused you a decrease in signal strength?

Have I missed something here? Are you saying that an incorrectly formatted SD card caused you a decrease in signal strength?
A bad SD card disables the camera. "Loss of signal" in this context meant no video stream (ultimately because the camera was off).

Anytime you insert a new card into the bird have the bird format it. This is also true for many of the still and video cameras.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic