6 Red Lights

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently purchased a dji phantom 2, took it out for one flight and everything worked fine. After that I re-calibrated the transmitter, and set it to mode 2. Before I went to fly it again I fully charged the transmitter and quadcopter batteries. Upon turning it on it flashed the usual self test with all the colors flashing. The in beeps with the red lights flashing and all four props briefly twitch. After that the lights flash off there is a pause and 6 red LED lights come on and stay on. The motors cannot be turned on.

I hooked up to the computer and the run the assistant. I get a little caution symbol flashing the bottom right corner, I clicked on that but nothing happens. I cannot see where there is any other indication that something is wrong. What is wrong?

Sorry if this has come up before. I attempted to search the forum and internet, but was unable to find anything helpful.

I should mention that I my set up is standard with the exception of a H3-2D gimbal and gropro hero 3+ black (WiFi turned off)

Sounds like you moved it after you armed it.

Turn it off, on, dont touch it and see what happens.

I have a more severe problem after a crash. The assistant indicates that I don't have an intelligent battery plugged in. All other functions seem to be fine. This is what happens. When you plug the battery in the Phantom 2 immediately turns on and I get red lights. I don't even turn the battery on. I have disconnected the iOSD mini, Gimbal, and GPS with no changes. I made a short You Tube video that shows what happens. I am wondering if the central circuit board is damaged. BTW the motors do not start.
. http://youtu.be/4jpSZYK_72U please help

I had a similar problem after my biggest crash.

Are you getting a message about a "non intelligent battery" or something like that in the assistant?

I did and it turned out that the battery circuit board that makes contact with the two little pins below the main battery connection was knocked out of place. I opened the battery case, put the board back into its correct position, closed it up, inserted the battery and everything worked fine.

I am getting the non itelligent battery message on the assistant. However, I did insert a different battery from the one that was in the crash. The contacts within the phantom 2 looked okay.

This happens with two separate batteries, correct? One that was crashed and one in good condition?

Then your problem lies somewhere in the circuit from those two pins below the main power connection in the P2 to the naza.

I found my battery connector inside the phantom to be cracked. I removed it and reconnected it externally. As soon as the power terminals connect, I still get the red lights that stay on and no ability to turn the phantom off. Could it be the central circuit board?

Still no luck with my problem. I might have to return this thing if I don't get a response from dji, or the place I bought it. I'm hoping it is something simple, and will make me feel like an idiot for not figuring it out...

ASabai said:
Hello,

I recently purchased a dji phantom 2, took it out for one flight and everything worked fine. After that I re-calibrated the transmitter, and set it to mode 2. Before I went to fly it again I fully charged the transmitter and quadcopter batteries. Upon turning it on it flashed the usual self test with all the colors flashing. The in beeps with the red lights flashing and all four props briefly twitch. After that the lights flash off there is a pause and 6 red LED lights come on and stay on. The motors cannot be turned on.

I hooked up to the computer and the run the assistant. I get a little caution symbol flashing the bottom right corner, I clicked on that but nothing happens. I cannot see where there is any other indication that something is wrong. What is wrong?

Sorry if this has come up before. I attempted to search the forum and internet, but was unable to find anything helpful.

You need to rebind the TX.

My battery was defective. I had just bought a replacement battery because my other one was damaged from a fall. I think it stopped mid=flight causing my bad crash

Problem solved! I got a reply from B&H were I got the machine. I calibrated the IMU. Flew it today and it did pretty well in some stiff wind.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl