5 THINGS TO KNOW - NEW DJI MATRICE 200 SERIES DRONE

Actually 7 things to know... Just had live chat with DJI. Told them I received an email from them about the release of the 200 series and that the email said it would start selling in 2nd Qtr 2017. I am looking to buy the 210 RTK Glonnas. So I asked them when it would be available and what the price would be. Their response was "No Idea on either question. But I could pre-order... WTH! Spare parts and accessories will probably be available 2nd Qtr 2018! Lol

Actually 7 things to know... Just had live chat with DJI. Told them I received an email from them about the release of the 200 series and that the email said it would start selling in 2nd Qtr 2017. I am looking to buy the 210 RTK Glonnas. So I asked them when it would be available and what the price would be. Their response was "No Idea on either question. But I could pre-order... WTH! Spare parts and accessories will probably be available 2nd Qtr 2018! Lol
Wow Im not sure if I should wait or buy a i2 or p4 +, what do you think.

I'm guessing the body alone will cost around $8-$10K plus your camera selection which could add up to another $3500.00, batteries will probably be around $300-$350 apiece. This platform still has one fatal flaw; no motor redundancy. Until they adopt an over under configuration and 8 motors like for example the Altura Zenith then all it will take is a motor ESC or motor failure to bring it down. The Zenith starts at $20K for single motors and $40K for the dual motor configuration; so I'm assuming DJI isn't quite ready to target that kind of consumer.

The most interesting feature out of the list is the IP rating. I'm not surprised that they managed to make a drone with that rating but I am surprised that the X series cameras which have been out for awhile already have that rating.

Wow Im not sure if I should wait or buy a i2 or p4 +, what do you think.

This is not in any way targeted towards a buyer that is considering the I2 or the P4. This is pretty clearly aimed at inspections, industrial applications, etc. The I2 is meant for high end film productions especially when paired with the RAW capable camera. The P4 Pro's main audience is the professional photographer who occasionally needs to film video.

The only thing I would be waiting for if I were considering a drone purchase would be to see what the P5 will offer and the only feature that would get me to buy the P5 would be if DJI's new Hasselblad partnership yields a new camera for the P5 with even more DR.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic