5.5" DJI display or not

DTM

Reaction score
Hi all

Brand new to all this but I been flying planes and quads for a few years on and off. I'm seriously thinking of getting the P4 pro plus, as I want a stand alone screen rather than using my mobile, which comes with issues over phone calls, texts etc.
The screen that DJI are offering, boasts better visibility in the sun and is powerful enough to be a stand alone. Whilst it costs a good £300+ to have the stand alone screen option, I was thinking of buying a Samsung tablet 9.1" and use it purely for the drone and not have any other apps on it, using it purely for DGI GO app. I can get this for around £130 which is significantly cheaper.
Has anyone else done this or knows the spec between the DJI stand alone screen and other tablets on whether it's worth while biting separate or a complete package with DJI.?

Many thanks

It's hard to figure relative value since DJI has not released pricing for the CrystalSky units yet. The larger CrystalSky model is advertised as having 2000 nit brightness which is far better than any tablet can provide so it will probably be a big advantage, but the two big remaining open issues are price, and whether DJI will bar third-party apps from the CrystalSky units as they did the P4P+.

Reactions: DTM
Typically the difference between a P4 pro and the P4 pro plus is approx £300 difference. I would look at getting a sun cover for it anyway and although it is brighter in sunny environments it's doesn't seem to attract me that much. 1 we have little sunny days in the UK and I can always move so it doesn't get affected too much by the sun, or use the sun guard. Is there talk of restricting third party apps? I would be looking at just installing the same app that they use on the crystal sky or litchi/DJI GO

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

I decided to go with the regular P4P and then I'm going to get a Crystal Sky once they're out

5.5 inches would not be big enough for me as I have been used to a 9in plus Ipad Air 2 for 10 months now. But most people say that it is def bright enough without a hood screen. I just use a hoodman on my ipad. Goes on in less than 30 sec. But I will def buy the new Crystal Sky if it turns out to be bright enough without hood. It's supposed to be 8in big I think. Love my new P4P btw. Had two P4's and sold.

I decided to go with the regular P4P and then I'm going to get a Crystal Sky once they're out
Any suggestion when these will be out and is the difference that noticeable that it's worth paying the extra, especially add a smaller screen too?

[QUOTE="Kelly57, post: 1076306, member: 84230"The 5.5 display is very bright, but too small in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

+1 on that. And it's too buggy at the moment for me to be messing with it. It's sitting on a shelf while I use a P4P controller and an iPad Mini. I know there are others who are thrilled with the P4P+ display.

I have the p4p+ If they come out with the bigger display I would buy it. The 5.5 display is very bright, but too small in my opinion.
Same here. I rather go for bigger screen then bigger brightness anyday. Also looking for a 10" tablet for the same price but it must be able to run litchi too. I can confirm the 10" bush tablet from Argos is laggy. So avoid that one

Neon Euc

Any suggestion when these will be out and is the difference that noticeable that it's worth paying the extra, especially add a smaller screen too?
I love the Plus screen, it's just the right size for me. It comes with HDMI out, if you really want something big. And it's hassle-free when I get ready to bind to the bird and fly. No cables or hoods to fuss with.
Soooo much quicker getting off the ground! And way brighter than anything I've used in the past.

Reactions: DTM
I love the Plus screen, it's just the right size for me. It comes with HDMI out, if you really want something big. And it's hassle-free when I get ready to bind to the bird and fly. No cables or hoods to fuss with.
Soooo much quicker getting off the ground! And way brighter than anything I've used in the past.
Techcop, are you experiencing the issue that so many others are describing of laggy video feed when shooting in 4K?

Not really, but I don't always shoot 4k.
I'll run it through some paces this weekend and see.
I have found, on occasion, it helps to turn off the 5.8 Ghz, and manually set it to 2.4.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj