4K TVs and recording issues

Reaction score
Hi all

This is my first post and I'm new to the drone world. I've had my P4P for a couple of weeks, what a blast!

Mostly happy with it with only a few minor gripes. I was wondering if anyone has techniques to minimise the twitching with the recorded footage. I've jumped between 30 and 60 frames in 4K but still seems to happen. More common when panning with landscape I'd say? Any tips?

Also, can anyone recommend a 4K tv that p4p footage looks amazing on? Tried my parents Sony and was a little disappointed with the ghosting effect (guessing refresh rate?) but the image quality was great, tried my Friends new Samsung on the weekend and it looked amazing. Does anyone have the Lg oled on this forum? Cheers and thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The twitching shouldn't be happening and I think is being fixed in a firmware update. It doesn't affect everyone.

I have a Samsung 8000 series and LG oled. Both are amazing but the oled is better.

If you're going to go 4k get one of those.

Ahhh okay thanks. Looks like I'm in the same boat...oleds are not cheap. Hopefully they come down a bit this year with a bit more competition.

How are you guys trying to play 4K video through your TV? Raw footage from SD card? Or edited stuff?

Hi all

This is my first post and I'm new to the drone world. I've had my P4P for a couple of weeks, what a blast!

Mostly happy with it with only a few minor gripes. I was wondering if anyone has techniques to minimise the twitching with the recorded footage. I've jumped between 30 and 60 frames in 4K but still seems to happen. More common when panning with landscape I'd say? Any tips?

Also, can anyone recommend a 4K tv that p4p footage looks amazing on? Tried my parents Sony and was a little disappointed with the ghosting effect (guessing refresh rate?) but the image quality was great, tried my Friends new Samsung on the weekend and it looked amazing. Does anyone have the Lg oled on this forum? Cheers and thanks in advance.

LG 4K OLED - hands down!
Regarding "twitching.." you may want to go -1 or so on sharpness and maximize encoder quality by using low frame rates (as in 24 or 30). If you can efficiently post-process H265 - use it too. Btw: LG 4K OLED will play the P4P H265 footage original.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
So have you guys not heard of any tv's besides the 2700 LG Oled TV's that will play 4K stuff well?

Great, thanks Roamer. I'll try that.

My parents 4K Sony (last years model) struggles with the motion. I'm not sure if it's the 100mbps or something else though. The photos looks amazing, just the vids.

I'm thinking of the lg 65B6T. Looks realll nice. Just waiting for a bit of a sale, **** expensive here in Aussie.

I have two 60" Samsung Smart TV's and I swear by them. One is a 4K the other is 1080p and my P4P+ images are absolutely top drawer on either TV. Of course I use the 4K for all my videos and it's just fabulous.

Bud

Hi all

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94