3D printed windsurfer for P3S

Reaction score
094ad345d65628e04cb7555a7444fd3c.jpg

Anyone try this? For the price I will. Just ordered. Love how it fits.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I ordered one. But it was only 4.99. I'm still waiting for it to arrive.

Reactions: jointeffort
I ordered one. But it was only 4.99. I'm still waiting for it to arrive.
I too paid $5 for mine. With it I managed to get 2153m before the signal was lost. Without it, just a few minutes earlier and in the same place, I couldn't go further than 1740m. The windsurfer added 400m of range, but it certainly interfered with the 2,4GHz antennas and made the video feed extremely choppy at 1500m+. Without the windsurfer my video feed is usually flawless until the RC signal is lost, so I don't think I'll use it again.

IMG_0020.jpg
http://enabilfoto.se/content/Projekt/dji_phantom_3_standard/IMG_0020.jpg

Well, $11.99 seems fair. I have guaranteed delivery via Amazon by this Friday. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

I got mine but haven't got to test it yet. Got the same one as you off amazon seller...
c6a4721c0bcf236be862464ed78e0a90.jpg
ad81fb910caa2c085f54e0cf8451db4a.jpg

Thinking about lining it with copper instead of this aluminum do you think it would make any difference? Good or Bad?...

Thinking about lining it with copper instead of this aluminum do you think it would make any difference? Good or Bad?...

Everything I ever read said with copper the range was even better. Where will you get a thin layer of copper from? I might do the same.

I used it today but am still a noob. My second battery worth of flight. I am still to afraid to take it out to far but noticed much better video lag and quality and felt the rc signal was more stable.

windsurfer on the p3s would only help the rc signal.... like P.Lindblom said, it blocks the 2 wifi antenna panels that are in the remote if the windsurfer extends too low.

But in full disclosure, I just ordered this too. :/
f07ae30dfcde4b78e21a4d042bb3487c.jpg

windsurfer on the p3s would only help the rc signal.... like P.Lindblom said, it blocks the 2 wifi antenna panels that are in the remote if the windsurfer extends too low.

I should take a pic of mine when it's on. It didn't seem to sit to low or block the wifi antenna. Will post tomorrow when I go out to fly.

Everything I ever read said with copper the range was even better. Where will you get a thin layer of copper from? I might do the same.

I was going to get a roll of 3in copper tape from amazon or local hardware or fabric store...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl