3D Mapping

I've tried using drone deploy with my P34k but when I do the preflight check list everything checks out except the controller flight switch and upload of waypoints. It doesn't make sense to me I've doubled checked everything to make sure it's in F mode and all my waypoint setting were correct. Any advice from anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

942119584683f2e0b432cb40222c8617.jpg

This is what I'm dealing with

As for Pix4D, I find that it is the most powerful processing software. I have also tested DroneDeploy and MapsMadeEasy. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. Pix4D allows me more processing options than the other web based engines, but requires a strong computer. As for price, the Pix4D is expensive, especially for a startup company. I wish they had a points based program like MapsMadeEasy.

Of these three that I have tested, they all give different results with orthomosiacs, which is what I am after. Sometimes the MME looks better, and sometimes the DD looks better. But almost always, the Pix4D looks the best. It seems to model the vertical edges and cut through trees better than the others.

So depending on what you are trying to produce, you will just have to test all the options and decide which is best for you. For survey grade orthomosiacs, the Pix4D allows the necessary options, like GCP , camera , and rolling shutter corrections. There is a steep learning curve, but the training videos are very helpful. I hope to have enough paying jobs to afford Pix4D soon, since my trial periods have ended. -JMO

Reactions: AndersE
MME also allows you to input GCPs. Another advantage of MME is that there is no charge to process small (less than 250 points) maps. Recently mapped our local soccer field, more than 50 acres at 2 inch resolution and was under that limit. Points needed are estimated in the missin planner as you build the mission. Latest upgrade also allows you to set the mission to terrain following so that the bird maintains a constant height above ground as it collects the data.

MME also allows you to input GCPs. Another advantage of MME is that there is no charge to process small (less than 250 points) maps. Recently mapped our local soccer field, more than 50 acres at 2 inch resolution and was under that limit. Points needed are estimated in the missin planner as you build the mission. Latest upgrade also allows you to set the mission to terrain following so that the bird maintains a constant height above ground as it collects the data.

I agree, for small projects MME is great.

I've tried using drone deploy with my P34k but when I do the preflight check list everything checks out except the controller flight switch and upload of waypoints. It doesn't make sense to me I've doubled checked everything to make sure it's in F mode and all my waypoint setting were correct. Any advice from anyone?

Is your FW and Go app up to date?

Have you got multi-flight mode enabled in the DJI GO app? Flicking the switch to F isn't enough. Also have you closed the DJI GO app before you opened DroneDeploy? And as noted above is the firmware all up to date.

Spent the day goofing around with Pix4D. Its pretty neat software but hardly worth the $3500 a year fee.
Check out Agisoft's Photoscan Pro, if you haven't already. In parallel tests with Pix4D, we're seeing much better point cloud and orthomosaic creation. It's simple enough to get good results out of the box, but powerful enough to allow for detailed manipulation of the data and processing. Pix4D has a cleaner interface, but Photoscan has better algorithms, from all of our testing. I can provide more information if anyone is interested.

Reactions: FASTFJR
After playing around with Pix4D and DD im planning on trying MME and just got off a conference call with a Sky catch rep. Has anyone tried Sky catch? It seems more intuitive than pix4d and even costs a little less for the pro package. The rep mentioned the pro plan does not support GCP's at the given price at the moment but will be included in the next couple of weeks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20