3D Map Processing Needed

Reaction score
Hello Group,
Does anybody do 3D map processing? I don't have the computing power (or money) to perform the occasional processing that I incur. I would like to have an output file that is viewable without third party software.
Thanks

From my experience (and from what I read), you will never be able to view a 3D map file without a third-party software. But there are free viewing softwares out there. My advice would be to use the Map Pilot app by Maps Made Easy. It's free. I recently mapped a 31 acre area and their cloud-based processing of the 230 images was only about $30. You are provided with a number of output files including 3D. The guys at Maps Made Easy suggest downloading and using the free MeshLab software for viewing (zooming, rotating, etc.) the 3D imagery. I'm guessing this would be your cheapest option for mapping. There are a few options that determine the final cost of the cloud-processing, but generally it depends on the number of images you are uploading.

From my experience (and from what I read), you will never be able to view a 3D map file without a third-party software. But there are free viewing softwares out there. My advice would be to use the Map Pilot app by Maps Made Easy. It's free. I recently mapped a 31 acre area and their cloud-based processing of the 230 images was only about $30. You are provided with a number of output files including 3D. The guys at Maps Made Easy suggest downloading and using the free MeshLab software for viewing (zooming, rotating, etc.) the 3D imagery. I'm guessing this would be your cheapest option for mapping. There are a few options that determine the final cost of the cloud-processing, but generally it depends on the number of images you are uploading.
Thanks for the advice MapMaker53. This sounds like the best way the go for now.

Hello Lou101!
I create files for Acrobat Reader DC. From this version it supports 3D views. It turns out beautifully.

Attachments

• 02-10-2019-22.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 107
Jeko,
Thanks for the reply. The attachment looks great. What do you use to creat the files for Acrobat?

Hi Lou101!
I'm glad I was able to interest you. I process my data with "Agisoft Metashape Pro-1-5". I am from Bulgaria from the older generation. But this program is also in English. If you are interested I can send it to you with "Wetransfer". My email is "[email protected]". And for the fields above the objects I use PrecisionFlight.
With greetings - "Jeko

Perhaps have a look at Open Drone Maps? For Free!
Processing takes longer on a slower PC or Mac. Can also purchase cloud computing using the lightning service offered.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20