P3 Firmware 3adv Firmware - can't update AC or RC - please help!

Reaction score
I've been trying for two days. This is getting really frustrating.

Aircraft:
The results file says "Results success" for most packets, or "abort" for others because they aren't out of date.

One packet says:
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.11.0020.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

========================================

I have repeated the proceedure many times.

RC:
Light remains red and no .txt results file is created.

Any suggestions? Please!

This is a P3adv that belongs to my university. We used it all summer in Peru with no problems but as soon as we got it back in wifi range the GO app said we needed FW updates. Now the RC won't connect to the aircraft and neither will update. I'm not sure what the previous version was, but it was last updated in June of this year.

Now when I try again to update the AC I get as solid green light and no gimbal beeping. It acts as if it is updated but it lists a failure in the results report file.

When the tablet is plugged into the RC the DJI app does pop up and overall status says "Latest Firmware!" but the RC will not connect to the AC.

Yup, that fixed it. Thanks Grammaton!!

I'm still not sure why I'm seeing a failure notice in the update report document, but the Phantom now seems to think it's satisfactorily updates. Good lesson learned.

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
The failure notice prbly is a mistranslation from Chineese minded syntax. What it actually is trying to say is " You're good to go".

I've got a similar issue (i think) whereby the program starts to update (series of green then red flashes on gimble) then after about a minute, the beeps go to solid and the red light on gimble stays on. (I believe that is indicating the update failed.) I've re-formated the microdisks (used 2 separate ones) and have tried the same process about 2 dozen times over a 10 hour period (I know- a true sign of a fool) Does anyone have any ideas? FYI... when I try to start copter, r/c says copter needs firmware update but motors start for a few seconds then shut down. Also, camera hasn't connected in any case described above. App Version 3.1.22 Aircraft V 1.11.20 RC V1.9.2 Any assistance would be sincerely appreciated. - Best Regards, SP

p.s. I have a Phantom 3P

I've got a similar issue (i think) whereby the program starts to update (series of green then red flashes on gimble) then after about a minute, the beeps go to solid and the red light on gimble stays on. (I believe that is indicating the update failed.) I've re-formated the microdisks (used 2 separate ones) and have tried the same process about 2 dozen times over a 10 hour period (I know- a true sign of a fool) Does anyone have any ideas? FYI... when I try to start copter, r/c says copter needs firmware update but motors start for a few seconds then shut down. Also, camera hasn't connected in any case described above. App Version 3.1.22 Aircraft V 1.11.20 RC V1.9.2 Any assistance would be sincerely appreciated. - Best Regards, SP

p.s. I have a Phantom 3P
Post the sd cards update text file.

Have you tried 1.10.90 to see if that completes? (Even if it's the current rev.)

(Keeping the P3P on for extended time has overheated the video module on some Phantoms. Good idea to put a fan on the camera module while it is on for any amount of time should help)

I have not. I looked online for an earlier version aside from the updated version on the DPI website. Is there a location I can download the 1.10.90 from and would I use the same procedure? Thx!

Wow! Just looked on DJI site. They aren't hosting any others except the latest one. So I uploaded it on One Drive if you want it. This is for P3P.

LINK: P3X_FW_V01.10.0090.zip

I'd try the drone itself first to see how it takes it and what the generated text file says.

Just tried it... same result and error message (with V01.10.0090 nomenclature) regarding download failure. Symptoms were identical as previous runs... start to download then gets stuck.

Have you formatted SD card unzipped the bin file inside the zip and copied the bin file to the SD card insert card into Phantom while it's off then turn only the drone on?

friends, good night here is dawn in Brazil 03:50 am on November 22, 2017 if I'm not mistaken! I'm having the same problems after a slight error in the dji go application I'm not sure but the impression I had was that it was a crash that changed the behavior of the drone .. I'm responding here because the only thing I did was leave the drone stored inside of the car for two days .. but it was not so hot so under the garage should be 40 ° C 45 ° C. I am sending the link of a video that I made I ask help of all that can help me to save my equipment .. I am losing the chance to make money and things are not well .... I am thinking that the firmware corrupted listen well the sound D - DD, D - DD continuous and non - stop LEDs flash link button does not work AC does not connect ...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

after a slight error in the dji go application I'm not sure but the impression I had was that it was a crash that changed the behavior of the drone

Ok, an issue after a crash.

I'm responding here because the only thing I did was leave the drone stored inside of the car for two days .. but it was not so hot so under the garage should be 40 ° C 45 ° C.

Wait what? So the cause is not a crash but overheating? Or both?

I am sending the link of a video that I made

The video shows that you're starting a drone with SD-card containing firmware update. The firmware update is still in progress when the video ends.

I am thinking that the firmware corrupted listen well the sound D - DD, D - DD continuous and non - stop LEDs flash link button does not work AC does not connect ...

No, the firmware is updating. I hope you didn't turned off the drone during update.

Since I completely don't follow your way of thinking, let's just ignore your crash and overheating claims and focus on the firmware update:
1. During FW update, some components may temporarily stop working or do strange things. After all their programming is being replaced.
2. Never turn off the drone during update.
3. The update results in a log created on the sd-card. If the update results in failure (neverending continous beep), check the log. If you don't know how to interpret it, share its contents. Note that a real, full log is located in a hidden folder.
4. Some updates require to re-link your RC afterwards.

friend LOG update is in the link below, please help me, I was reading the LOG and I saw that something about the battery is not updating

[00012898] [11 01] [00] v1.8.0.0 -> v2.0.0.33, firmware v1.8.0.0 not support.
link below:

P3S_FW_LOG_AB.txt

Ok, an issue after a crash.

Wait what? So the cause is not a crash but overheating? Or both?

The video shows that you're starting a drone with SD-card containing firmware update. The firmware update is still in progress when the video ends.

No, the firmware is updating. I hope you didn't turned off the drone during update.

Since I completely don't follow your way of thinking, let's just ignore your crash and overheating claims and focus on the firmware update:
1. During FW update, some components may temporarily stop working or do strange things. After all their programming is being replaced.
2. Never turn off the drone during update.
3. The update results in a log created on the sd-card. If the update results in failure (neverending continous beep), check the log. If you don't know how to interpret it, share its contents. Note that a real, full log is located in a hidden folder.
4. Some updates require to re-link your RC afterwards.
P3A HELP TO IDENTIFY ERRORS - LOG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic