$367USD repair bill: worth repairing?

Reaction score
Crashed my P3S into a tree and sent it in to DJI for repair estimate. They came back with $367 USD. For that much, is it worth it to pay for the repair or should I sell it for parts online? Looks like you can get a refurb unit for $500USD or find a leftover new one for around $600. I guess my bird would be considered refurb once I get it back. They haven’t sent me the detailed invoice only the total repair bill. I have requested the detailed quote so I can see what all is included for that price. Seems high to me considering it didn’t sustain that much damage.

Not worth it at all. I picked up a "renewed" P3Advanced for $489US. It looked brand new. I wouldn't spent the money to repair a Standard if you can find Advanced and Pro models for your price range of $500 to $600. Get the Standard back and part it out. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: rfaaj
Yeah, go for a P3P or P3A, you will be amazed with Signal difference, your Battery, Props, Etc for the P3S will still work.
Your mobile device has to hook to the remote with USB, I liked the WiFi of the P3S you could have somebody else watch and hold the screen out of the Sunlight.

What was damaged on the Phantom?

Rod

Crashed my P3S into a tree and sent it in to DJI for repair estimate. They came back with $367 USD. For that much, is it worth it to pay for the repair or should I sell it for parts online? Looks like you can get a refurb unit for $500USD or find a leftover new one for around $600. I guess my bird would be considered refurb once I get it back. They haven’t sent me the detailed invoice only the total repair bill. I have requested the detailed quote so I can see what all is included for that price. Seems high to me considering it didn’t sustain that much damage.

$299.00 all day long on Ebay.

Yeah, go on EBay and get Phantom’s 2 or even 3A and3P’s for close to the same amount of money. I have bought a 3pro and a 3advanced with all the extras for in the mid $200’s. You may have to search all the listings and wait for the good deals to appear. Some of the “buy now “ ones are still good prices.
Even on this forum I have seen a few good deals!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav