350 feet above Coral Springs (South Florida

D

DrewFlies

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cool video DrewFlies,

It looks like you have the same issue as me when it comes to yawing. Keeping the stick in the same position is the key. I found a video the other day where a guy cut a hole in a "Box Top" from a box of cereal. He then put the stick through the hole, and held the box top stationary against the controller with the stick deflected to the desired yaw rate. Did that make sense?

Anyway, enjoyed your flick. Keep em coming

When yawing it should be a lot smoother than that I think you may have a problem or there is a problem with the frame rate what setting have you got it on?

4k at 30fps compress to 1080p at 24 fps

This is my first time ever flying a quadcopter (which was today). I was just testing the response of the sticks and such. I will have way better videos than this lol. Thanks for then input though

4k at 30fps compress to 1080p at 24 fps

This is my first time ever flying a quadcopter (which was today). I was just testing the response of the sticks and such. I will have way better videos than this lol. Thanks for then input though

First day? Why didn't you include the crash footage. I crashed twice on my first day. Couldn't figure out how to use the camera though. Probably a good thing, they would still be laughing at me.

**** good job for day one. :D

Now git ur butt out of town and get to know the beast. There's nothing like being around open sky and just flying. Enjoy the ride and keep us posted.

Cool video DrewFlies,

It looks like you have the same issue as me when it comes to yawing. Keeping the stick in the same position is the key. I found a video the other day where a guy cut a hole in a "Box Top" from a box of cereal. He then put the stick through the hole, and held the box top stationary against the controller with the stick deflected to the desired yaw rate. Did that make sense?

Anyway, enjoyed your flick. Keep em coming

Im curious to see this. Do you have a link?

Im curious to see this. Do you have a link?

Sorry, I searched before posting and couldn't find it.
Gimme a couple minutes. I have a raisin bran box here. I'll make one and take a crappy pic.
Back in a bit with an edit.

EDIT: There ya go. Now, lets see a nice smooth constant rate of turn.
If it works, ya owe me a Barley Pop. :D

Box Top.jpgBox Top Yawing.jpg

Last edited:
First day? Why didn't you include the crash footage. I crashed twice on my first day. Couldn't figure out how to use the camera though. Probably a good thing, they would still be laughing at me.

**** good job for day one. :D

Now git ur butt out of town and get to know the beast. There's nothing like being around open sky and just flying. Enjoy the ride and keep us posted.

No crashes yet. Flies very smooth. I have a few years of filming experience under my belt so thats not a problem. This video was more of testing out how the quad flies as I have never flown an RC in my life til today.
Im very impressed and the trick to getting great quality shots is moving the quad as slow as you can whether its yawing, panning or descending/throttle. I was clearly spinning then quad way too fast Almost any camera will give a blur effect when moving too quickly. Remember you can always speed up the video in post production if you want better quality or slow it down more. Im waiting for my second battery before I take trip to the infamous South Florida beaches. I dont want to drive a 30 min trip just to fly for 20 mins ;)

No crashes yet. Flies very smooth. I have a few years of filming experience under my belt so thats not a problem. This video was more of testing out how the quad flies as I have never flown an RC in my life til today.
Im very impressed and the trick to getting great quality shots is moving the quad as slow as you can whether its yawing, panning or descending/throttle. I was clearly spinning then quad way too fast Almost any camera will give a blur effect when moving too quickly. Remember you can always speed up the video in post production if you want better quality or slow it down more. Im waiting for my second battery before I take trip to the infamous South Florida beaches. I dont want to drive a 30 min trip just to fly for 20 mins ;)

I laugh in your general direction. There is almost nothing within 30 minutes of here.
Your pics are a couple posts up.
Poo mans Yaw Mod. Go man go.

Another tip I saw was to extend the sticks.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is my first time ever flying a quadcopter (which was today).

Not Knocking you Drew, nice video for a 1st flight, but, am I the only person who, for my first 4 flights had their Phantom tethered? My first flights were with 300' of kite string attached to the landing gear as a safety net incase it decided to go off on its own, either from user error or it got home sick. :) Maybe I'm overly cautious, but I wasn't taking any chances with $1K flying around in mid air.

Not Knocking you Drew, nice video for a 1st flight, but, am I the only person who, for my first 4 flights had their Phantom tethered? My first flights were with 300' of kite string attached to the landing gear as a safety net incase it decided to go off on its own, either from user error or it got home sick. :) Maybe I'm overly cautious, but I wasn't taking any chances with $1K flying around in mid air.

No, first flight I took it straight up to 60m but kept it almost above me all the time....I was extremely nervous. second flight in my back yard I took all the way to 120m. then I had a few flights around the local park getting used to the controls and settings never going further than probably 60m away from me. Yesterday was probably about my 10th flight and I took it out to 420m and tested the RTH function..... glad to say it worked a treat.....:)

This is my first ever quad and the more I fly it the more confident I become in it capabilities..... although I have bought a GPS tracker to fit just in case.

Dont give me too much credit Lol. I did go up 350' first flight. But, it was only straight up and down as you can tell with the yawing only lol. But, when I had it about 60' above me I moved it around a little. Im very scared of decending too fast I think thats my biggest fear. I only allow my quad to go .04 mph down or about 6" per second. I seen way too many vortex ring videos. I was too scared to hit RTH at 350' or even 150' because I had a bunch of trees around me. Wasn't too sure how accurate or pin point the gps positioning is. Does anybody know the actual speed of descending that causes vortex ring? I noticed RTH descends a lot faster than I do manual

My first flight was done with 6" of tether. Now I'll fly it as far as I can see it, up the side of a mountain.

Try this, you'll like it.
Here's something to help you folks find stuff. Enter your text in the middle of the page, not at the top.
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

DrewFlies, this is for you.
VRS is a good search term for how fast you can descend.
Any lateral motion, or flight into the wind will allow a very fast descent. Watch and listen to the bird, you will know when you're loosing it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers