Above the Clouds (legally) New Zealand

If you were flying without showing the mountain, you could have told us you were flying at 10,000 feet and we wouldn't have known any better. You would have also got a lot more responses to your post. LOL

Reactions: MTO and Terrycross
If you were flying without showing the mountain, you could have told us you were flying at 10,000 feet and we wouldn't have known any better. You would have also got a lot more responses to your post. LOL
Yes, but it's cheating,
Nice environment! You have an ideal take off location there.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Haha yes I guess I could have...it's a great place to launch but you have to pick your days as it can get extremely windy up there once you leave the side of the hill...and then there's the frequent helicopters...

Yes, but it's cheating,
Nice environment! You have an ideal take off location there.
Perfect my friend...there's also a walkway, rather steep in places...but I managed to walk to the top the other day with my family...not bad for a 65 year old eh!!!

Reactions: sdileon
Interesting video. It's always fun to be above clouds. I miss that you didn't show us the 'Horse' very well. I wanted to see you pause and let us check it out. Is that a "thing" in NZ, doing big sculptures on hillsides? They are probably hard to do and maintain. Regardless, thanks for sharing. It's always fascinating to see other parts of the world.

Interesting video. It's always fun to be above clouds. I miss that you didn't show us the 'Horse' very well. I wanted to see you pause and let us check it out. Is that a "thing" in NZ, doing big sculptures on hillsides? They are probably hard to do and maintain. Regardless, thanks for sharing. It's always fascinating to see other parts of the world.
Hey Rob, the hillside sculpture is a memorium to all the draught horses that helped to make this land...without them they wouldn't have been able to farm it. Sorry i didn't stop longer its amazing how one gets used to seeing something when it's there all the time. Some young ones decided to turn it into a Zebra a few years back with black painted stripes and were made to repaint it when they were caught :) Glad you enjoyed!

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Hey, thanks for the history. Very interesting. Those silly "young ones"...lol.... Thanks again for sharing. I'd love to visit your country one day. Probably never will so I'll live vicariously via videos like yours.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4