333 Exemption With 200' Ceiling COA

Reaction score
Just got an 333 Exemption with a Blanket COA that restricts flights to 200' AGL. The exemption letter states 400 feet. The COA includes a mandatory requirement for a monthly report of all flights (or none) with lots of data points.

Last edited:
I can't find any documentation for this change in the "blanket COA" issued with section 333 exemptions. Could you share the paragraph containing the monthly reporting requirement?

Seems to me that monthly reporting would be just another unjustified and unnecessary regulatory requirement designed to to discourage commercial operation. How many employees do you think the FAA/DOT would need to allocate to actually accept, read and archive monthly flight (or no-flight) reporting documentation of the current 2000+ exemption holders? To what end?

I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling that my tax dollars are accomplishing anything here. I actually believe a requirement such as this would serve only to encourage responsible pilots seeking to operate within the guidelines to now avoid seeking an exemption in the first place.

The "Blanket" COA has been 200'AGL for a good while. You can request another COA but it won't be blanket.

Yes you have to submit monthly reports including NO flight months. You'll have to cover these items in each report:

1. Documentation of all operations associated with UAS activities is required regardless of the airspace in which the UAS operates. NOTE: Negative (zero flight) reports are required.
2. The operator must submit the following information through [email protected] on a monthly basis:
a. Name of Operator, Exemption number and Aircraft registration number
b. UAS type and model
c. All operating locations, to include location city/name and latitude/longitude
d. Number of flights (per location, per aircraft)
e. Total aircraft operational hours
f. Takeoff or Landing damage
g. Equipment malfunctions. Reportable malfunctions include, but are not limited to the following:
a. On-board flight control system
b. Navigation system
c. Powerplant failure in flight
d. Fuel system failure
e. Electrical system failure
f. Control station failure
3. The number and duration of lost link events (control, performance and health monitoring, or communications) per UA per flight

volito
keep in mind the Section 333 Exemption doesn't exempt the "operator" from the Commercial Operations requirement which is indeed monthly reporting. This is all temporary (or at least we hope so) until true UAV/UAS guidelines are created and implemented. Until that time if you want to get pay you've got to play (by the rules LOL).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj