32 ch hack

Reaction score
I've got a p3adv

Been looking all over the web for the config file for opening up the other channels. Every time I've found a file when I unzip it , it's empty

Anyone have any idea? Or anyone willing to email me the config file?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Me too.

Everyone just points you to a 54 page thread and complains when a new thread pops up. I dont want to readt through 50 pages of sub conversations and moved link and obsolete information and people quoting other posts from many months ago! Its like trying to figure out a soap opera from the last episode and watching it backwards. Just give me the **** link and how to install it!

Here is the modded file. Also has the original default file should ever want to change it back.

Attachments

• DJI Config File2.zip
    1,015 bytes · Views: 731
Reactions: tml4191
I must be doing something wrong... When I unzipped the file it was empty?? It had to directories, but the dir's were empty.

I must be doing something wrong... When I unzipped the file it was empty?? It had to directories, but the dir's were empty.

You are probably not setting your computer to show the hidden file. Many people do that and then ask the forum why the folder is empty.

You posted from an iPhone. Here is the one single post that I send to Apple users with regards to the 32 channel hack.
More channels hack

The most common problem seen is with Mac users who don't know how to show hidden files. PC users seem to get it done in a minute or two since it's easier to show hidden files.

Notes:
Custom selecting of channels is for the video downlink only. That applies for both the stock channels as well as the added channels.

You need to be connected to your phantom to select the channels when you are in custom.

The auto setting does NOT use the added channels, only the stock channels.

Not every country allows custom settings. If you are in a region that does not allow custom settings:
**Apple device owners often set their region to US.

The channels added above and below the stock channels may fall into a reserved range of frequencies in your country. Use the extra channels at your own risk.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe and Reed L
Me too.

Everyone just points you to a 54 page thread and complains when a new thread pops up. I dont want to readt through 50 pages of sub conversations and moved link and obsolete information and people quoting other posts from many months ago! Its like trying to figure out a soap opera from the last episode and watching it backwards. Just give me the **** link and how to install it!
(For Apple users, go to this post for the file and instructions)

For P3P and P3A owners using Android, follow the steps below. Please read this entire post before deciding if you want to proceed with the install.

1. Connect your Android device to your computer
[Note that you may need to enable USB File transfers / MTP on your Android device]
2. Download (to your computer) the zipped file attached below in this post
3. Unzip the file so that you can see the now unzipped file named .DJI.configs (with the leading ".")
[Note that you may need to show hidden files]
4. Copy the unzipped file (with the leading ".") to the root of \Android\data\dji.pilot\files

The most common problem that Android users run into is that they try to put the file in the wrong location. Many often insist they didn't, but then realize they did.
Just be careful to put it in the correct location.

This "hack" is very easy to install if you have a good understanding of your computer and your mobile device. If you don't, may I respectfully suggest that you let someone locally with more knowledge help you. It will be much faster. Cheers!

Notes:
> Not every country allows custom settings. If you are in a region that does not allow custom settings, Android device owners often set their device language to English (US) or sometimes to Spanish (US).
> Custom selecting of channels is for the video downlink only. That's true for both the stock channels as well as the added channels.
> When in custom mode, you need to be connected to your phantom to select the channels.
> The auto setting does NOT use the added channels, only the stock channels.
> This does not add extra power, it just allows potentially quieter frequencies to be used for the video downlink.
> Every question you have has been asked and answered dozens of times in this and other forums. Please search first, then ask us if you can't find the answer.

The channels added above and below the stock channels may fall into a reserved range of frequencies in your country. Use the extra channels at your own risk.

Attachments

• 32 Channel Configs File.zip
    202 bytes · Views: 1,216
Last edited:
Yes, that is the one single post I linked to in my earlier reply.

Why don't we (especially me) edit out or delete what we have posted and you post your info here in one post?

Btw, if at the other post you are planning to copy, if you select edit and then copy that text, it should bring all your link text and color text with it as you paste into the new post here.

For what its worth, if you use the 32 channel hack, the only way to use one of the non-standard channels is to lock on one single channel. It will not "auto rotate" between all of the channels. Meaning, if you pick channel 2 and there is interference, your signal will suffer. Your remote will not be able to switch channels on its own, which may cause transmission issues. I only know, as i had alot of issues with this and realized that while the 32 channel hack looks neat, it doesn't really give any advantages.

Reactions: WetDog
For Android users such as yourself, this is what to do:

1.Connect your Android device to your computer
2.Download the zipped file (you can get it in the same single post I linked to above)
3.Unzip the file so that you can see the now unzipped file named .DJI.configs (with the leading ".")
4. Copy the unzipped file (with the leading ".") to the root of \Android\data\dji.pilot\files

The most common problem that Android users run into is that they try to put the file in the wrong location. Many often insist they didn't, but then realize they did.

Note:
You need to be connected to your phantom to select the channels when you are in custom. Reminder that auto does not use the added channels, only the stock channels.
Also, not every country allows custom settings. If you are in a region that does not allow custom settings:

Apple device owners often set their region to US.
Android device owners often set their device language to English (US) or sometimes to Spanish (US).

Thank you good sir! We should just pin this and not allow 50 million responses afterwards that way everyone can easily follow along

For what its worth, if you use the 32 channel hack, the only way to use one of the non-standard channels is to lock on one single channel. It will not "auto rotate" between all of the channels. Meaning, if you pick channel 2 and there is interference, your signal will suffer. Your remote will not be able to switch channels on its own, which may cause transmission issues. I only know, as i had alot of issues with this and realized that while the 32 channel hack looks neat, it doesn't really give any advantages.

The only way I have ever used this mod is with it set to manual and on channel 32. With this mod and a WindSurfer I manage flying to just under 2.5 miles and back. That's is with flying over 2 small housing editions and plenty of trees.

Reactions: johnnyu
The only way I have ever used this mod is with it set to manual and on channel 32. With this mod and a WindSurfer I manage flying to just under 2.5 miles and back. That's is with flying over 2 small housing editions and plenty of trees.

Thats pretty much what i tried as well, setting to channel 31 and leaving it there. It may end up being personal preference, but i myself have had better results with auto .. Tuesday AM i flew to 9.4miles out and back, using windsurfers and auto setting. This was my reception/signal at 50k out:

ATo1yuP.png

Reactions: Oso
Thats pretty much what i tried as well, setting to channel 31 and leaving it there. It may end up being personal preference, but i myself have had better results with auto .. Tuesday AM i flew to 9.4miles out and back, using windsurfers and auto setting. This was my reception/signal at 50k out:

ATo1yuP.png

Other then ch 31 in auto, external battery, and a windsurfer,...what else is needed to fly 50k out and back?

Other then ch 31 in auto, external battery, and a windsurfer,...what else is needed to fly 50k out and back?
really good spot. my spot is a hill about 200 feet above a valley which has 1500 foot hills on the left side. I think that helps 'contain' the signal and keep it connected. I cannot do that distance anywhere else :)

For Android users, follow the steps below:

1. Connect your Android device to your computer
[Note that you may need to enable USB File transfers / MTP on your Android device]
2. Download the zipped file attached below in this post
3. Unzip the file so that you can see the now unzipped file named .DJI.configs (with the leading ".")

This "hack" is very easy to install if you have a good understanding of your computer and your mobile device. If you don't, may I respectfully suggest that you let someone with more knowledge help you. It will be much faster. Cheers!

Notes:
> Not every country allows custom settings. If you are in a region that does not allow custom settings, Android device owners often set their device language to English (US) or sometimes to Spanish (US).
> Custom selecting of channels is for the video downlink only. That's true for both the stock channels as well as the added channels.
> When in custom mode, you need to be connected to your phantom to select the channels.
> The auto setting does NOT use the added channels, only the stock channels.
> This does not add extra power, it just allows potentially quieter frequencies to be used for the video downlink.

Thanks should have gone here ??

For Android users, follow the steps below:

Ok after finally getting the time to do this , I'm stuck on step 3
unzip , right click , properties , and click the hidden tap , appy and add this to the sub folder of the app

Did all that but its not showing all 32 ch

Did i miss something ?

Cheers Marty

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic