3 out of 4 self propellers won't come off phantom

Reaction score
Hey all 3 out of 4 of my self propellers won't come off my phantom fc-40 i tried to use little force but i am afraid of damaging the motors… any advice?

maybe use a hair dryer,warm up the nuts. and dont be a fool and turn them the wrong way. they will never come off if they are not turned the côrrect direction. goodluck

gfagien said:
Hey all 3 out of 4 of my self propellers won't come off my phantom fc-40 i tried to use little force but i am afraid of damaging the motors… any advice?

Did you try using the little included wrench? - sorry if that seems like a lame question - but sometimes I can use my fingers and sometimes I need the wrench for a little extra torque.

I remember which way to unscrew my props by memorising the phrase "silver is normal" this reminds me that the silver topped props unscrew anti-clockwise ( normal ) and the blacks go the opposite way ;)

Madwak said:
I remember which way to unscrew my props by memorising the phrase "silver is normal" this reminds me that the silver topped props unscrew anti-clockwise ( normal ) and the blacks go the opposite way ;)

There is a little circle with an arrow that points in the direction to remove props. Also since you have one that you can remove. put it on and take it off, the one directly opposite does the same thing. the other two go the opposite direction. (does that make sense)

I have a feeling the op got it worked out and is busy flying...

Wedeliver said:
Madwak said:

There is a little circle with an arrow that points in the direction to remove props. Also since you have one that you can remove. put it on and take it off, the one directly opposite does the same thing. the other two go the opposite direction. (does that make sense)

Yes I know there are little arrows but some of us can't see them if we forget to put our glasses on (me included) I was just giving a little help to the optically challenged among us :D

Madwak said:
Wedeliver said:
Madwak said:

Yes I know there are little arrows but some of us can't see them if we forget to put our glasses on (me included) I was just giving a little help to the optically challenged among us :D

I was almost blind from cataracs and the VA fixed me all up. well, i am wearing glasses again 3 years after having this done. just a quick question. how can you forget your glasses when you need them so badly? I currenty have both readind and distance glasses.

I have 4 Phantom 4 Pros. Both V1 and V2. The just received a new Phantom 4 V2 and it came with the new low noise 9455S quick release propellers. After I struggled to get one of the black blades on, I worked for 30 minutes trying to get it off. After much effort, I did manage to remove it without damaging the new Phantom 4 V2. I have been flying the Phantom 4 for years and I have never had trouble before. I tried the new props on my other 3 Phantom 4s and could not get them on. There is something wrong with these new propellers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers