3 Axis Gimbal Options for FC40

Reaction score
Hey all, has anyone installed a 3 Axis Gimbal on their FC40? I want to on mines so I still have a solid backup in case something happens to my 3.
If I already have a Walkera G2-D, would a G3-D be plug and play?

Thanks!

I'm betting someone has. My search didn't find anything though.

What could be difficult about it? The way you fly the 40, and equipped with a nice gimbal, I think it would be a great back up for your P3.

Looks like just another little hurdle, if it hasn't been done.
I remember when OSD wasn't on the FC40. When I asked DJI about it, they said it couldn't be done... LOL
Now look where we are. Just a matter of time Molokai.

How about a link to the gimbal... ;)

Hey all, has anyone installed a 3 Axis Gimbal on their FC40? I want to on mines so I still have a solid backup in case something happens to my 3.
If I already have a Walkera G2-D, would a G3-D be plug and play?

Thanks!

The Walkera G3D will work. Tallyrver has both the G2D and G3D. I'm awaiting on one for my Wife's FC40, but so far the G2D is working great.

Here is the video for the G3D install of the Phantom ----->
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: sherpa
The Walkera G3D will work. Tallyrver has both the G2D and G3D. I'm awaiting on one for my Wife's FC40, but so far the G2D is working great.

Here is the video for the G3D install of the Phantom ----->
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The G3d will work great!
I have mine mounted on a F550 .

who is that in the video and are those 8" props? I didn't 8 in props would lift all that!

who is that in the video and are those 8" props? I didn't 8 in props would lift all that!

No idea who he is, but he has carbon fiber 8" props. Also, he made sure to center the gimbal on the phantom and make sure that the battery door can still open. My only concern is how low everything will hang and how to extend the landing gear, but I have a plan.

that ext he has looks kinda funky! I think i will try some 8" on mine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.