3/5 Updated Autopilot firmware v3.12 released

Re: STICKY: Phantom Vision v3.0 Update 4/06: No-Fly Zones Ad

Diner21959 said:
The app freezes... I have to back out of the app completely and restart it, every time making certain I have a connection. On all instances I've had to resort to the IOC "home" function because I got disorientated.

There's a known bug in version 1.0.37 of the IOS app. A fix is in the works and as soon as it clears Apple's hurdles it will be available. I doubt the wait will be long... The Android version 1.0.39 had the same issue and 1.0.40 corrected it...

-slinger

Just a quick question of fail safe recovery. I know it was discussed earlier in this thread, but I just want to clarify.

I'm flying now in NAZA mode. If I go into fail safe RTH and want to recover from it I can switch the S1 switch back to its middle position, correct?

Can I also switch the S1 switch back to the top GPS position to keep flying in GPS mode, or does it made the Phantom try to set a new home location?

W.A.R. said:
Just a quick question of fail safe recovery. I know it was discussed earlier in this thread, but I just want to clarify.

I'm flying now in NAZA mode. If I go into fail safe RTH and want to recover from it I can switch the S1 switch back to its middle position, correct?

Can I also switch the S1 switch back to the top GPS position to keep flying in GPS mode, or does it made the Phantom try to set a new home location?

As far as I know, in order to switch back to the GPS position to set a new home location, you have to toggle 5 times the S1 switch from ATTI to GPS position. please correct me if I´m wrong.

Hi I recently purchased a Phantom Vision second hand & while it all flys ok I do have one or 2 issues, first is I am not that happy with the Drone expert gimball which for a learner is easy to damage also while flying yesturday noticed that the left hand rear flight indicator has stopped flashing green & is blank, however when the low battery warning happened it did flash red.
I assume that the supply to the green leds has become disconnected,
I have restarted it & where the right flashes amber the left only flashes red again indicating the loss of the green, this was confirmed on doing a compass calibration where only the right hand rear indicator was performing correctly.
I have removed the gimbal & re-installed the original motor mount for while I am learning & have checked its operation via my smart phone & it operates up & down but does make a faint noise all of the time, so I thought I would see if there was any dissabling of the Drone expert gimbal so that it was back to stock, but I have been unable to get my computer to connect to the Phantom to do this.
Can anyone advise where I am going wrong, I was advised by the original seller that it has the latest software installed, but will still need to be able to set my preffered low battery level & flight restrictions & adjust control settings etc.

DJIp2v said:
W.A.R. said:

As far as I know, in order to switch back to the GPS position to set a new home location, you have to toggle 5 times the S1 switch from ATTI to GPS position. please correct me if I´m wrong.

Thanks for the information. The reason I ask is because I had a small fly-away two days ago and thankfully the copter just flew 150 ft into someone's backyard and crashed. I broke a few small pieces and called DJI's (lack of) customer support and they reprimanded me for flipping it back into GPS mode after cancelling RTH. I told them I've always switched back into GPS from RTH after first switching it down to ATTI.

I just wanted to confirm.

The guy on the phone said "Look man, I'm just going by the manual." He didn't inspire confidence.

DJIp2v said:
W.A.R. said:

I had made a while back a very long and detailed post about resetting home location how it works how to do it and how the phantom behaves when the new location is at varying altitudes

You'll probably find it if you do a search, if not I'll get the link and post it.

And no it is not the S1 switch it is S2 (IOC) you switch down and up 5 times you will see the tail lights flash confirm the new location.

Has anyone seen this on the DJI Phantom 2 Vision download area? You will find it in the "Latest Version Information" section

Phantom 2 Vision Autopilot System V3.02 2014-04-30

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision/download

(edit added)And it shows the same on the Phantom 2 Vision+ download page

Phantom 2 Vision+ Autopilot System V3.02 2014-04-30

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vi ... s/download

I looked for a download, none. Really, isn't this "Autopilot System" included in the v 3.0 update? Just sayin' because the date that I am writing this is, in fact, 2014-04-30.

(2nd edit) After connecting Vision+ to the assistant software, version is now (as of 4/30/2014) 3.2 and a camera update - the Main Controller update limits decent to 2m/s and "adds stability" for heavy loads.

BenDronePilot said:
DJIp2v said:
W.A.R. said:

I had made a while back a very long and detailed post about resetting home location how it works how to do it and how the phantom behaves when the new location is at varying altitudes

You'll probably find it if you do a search, if not I'll get the link and post it.

And no it is not the S1 switch it is S2 (IOC) you switch down and up 5 times you will see the tail lights flash confirm the new location.

Thanks very much for the information. I found the thread (think it's actually a sticky now) and everything you wrote makes perfect sense.

I have to say, if it wasn't for you and others with this detailed knowledge a lot of us would be out of luck; DJI's customer service doesn't even know what the hell the proper methods are for using the S1 and S2 switches.

Thanks again.

Re: STICKY: AutoPilot v3.02 Update 4/30: Stability+Descent 2

"Stability when carrying heavy payloads improved. Maximum descent speed restricted to 2m/s."

It'd be helpful if they defined what they meant by "heavy payloads". For example, does that mean adding more hardware like a Lightbridge? Or suspending a DSLR or can of cold beer?

And just what exactly is different about Vision's behavior & stability now w/AutoPilot v3.02 vrs before w/3.00 ?

Nay, I'm probably asking too much... Computer says, "No".

iDrone :roll:

So, is there a way to bybass / override that no fly zones? My whole city is within that 5 miles :cry:

iDrone said:
"Stability when carrying heavy payloads improved. Maximum descent speed restricted to 2m/s."

It'd be helpful if they defined what they meant by "heavy payloads". For example, does that mean adding more hardware like a Lightbridge? Or suspending a DSLR or can of cold beer?

And just what exactly is different about Vision's behavior & stability now w/AutoPilot v3.02 vrs before w/3.00 ?

Nay, I'm probably asking too much... Computer says, "No".

iDrone :roll:

I was running my PC Assistant software V2.0 and it popped up a message that V3.20 is available. Anybody loaded and running it yet, and if so, have they fixed some of the "reported" issues with V3.00?

claudiojr said:
So, is there a way to bybass / override that no fly zones? My whole city is within that 5 miles :cry:

There are a few of us with that same problem.

NYC, Fort Lauderdale....where else?

SilentAV8R said:
Well it's not 5 miles for the no fly, it is 1.5 miles. Allowed altitude increases outward from there.

People need to watch this before they panic: http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-mc

Not the point, my friend. I am not interested in being limited to 300' altitude (or whatever they have done with their new system).

I don't want DJI being the (arbitrary) arbiters of where and how I fly.

If they want to enable this by default and let one deactivate this feature (once one knows enough to be able to do this), i would understand, but crippling peoples quads on the sneak with a firmware update is doubly obnoxious.

Do you see the distinction?

Wind_Shear said:
SilentAV8R said:
Well it's not 5 miles for the no fly, it is 1.5 miles. Allowed altitude increases outward from there.

People need to watch this before they panic: http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-mc

Not the point, my friend. I am not interested in being limited to 300' altitude (or whatever they have done with their new system).

I don't want DJI being the (arbitrary) arbiters of where and how I fly.

If they want to enable this by default and let one deactivate this feature (once one knows enough to be able to do this), i would understand, but crippling peoples quads on the sneak with a firmware update is doubly obnoxious.

Do you see the distinction?

Yep. First you did not take the time to understand what the limits are and how they work. You're just pissed off they even exist.

What do you mean "on the sneak"? They published the fact they are doing it and provided a clear explanation of how it works. Very sneaky indeed.

I cannot wait to see how you react when the FAA publishes their rules (I am assuming that you live in the US). Arbitrary is their middle name!!

Your not limited to 300 ' but I'm not going to explain because it's been done over and over. It's working ! You haven't yet learned enough to know how do it. Maybe instead of being pissed youll figure it out.

Mori55 said:
Your not limited to 300 ' but I'm not going to explain because it's been done over and over. It's working ! You haven't yet learned enough to know how do it. Maybe instead of being pissed youll figure it out.

so you are saying the latest fw is fine? i havent bothered to upgrade cuz i dont want the limits... might not be a bad thing then if you can get around it

You can adjust the height and distance. , but not the no fly zones

Not even sure why I chimed in here...your two condescending attitudes aren't called for.

You don't know what altitude I'm limited to, because you don't know where I fly, do you? So quit your antagonistic crap, and I'll quit bitching about the crappy firmware update.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31