2No. and 3No.ESC error

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So i´m having these two errors (picture)
Any idea on what causes the problem?
I have tried a full factory reset and latest software re-install.

Worth to be mentioned is that the drone has been having a rough summer..
First off i hit a flagpole (the only one within kilometers), this impact smashed one of the rotor arms and the shell had to be replaced.
After some testing, i discovered the next issue, which was that the power port module had a fried chip.
This of course was after an emergency landing in a pond.
Drone was pulled out immediately and put in the oven for about 30 minutes.
I had all kinds of error messages after the pond accident, but the baking fixed all that.

The P4 has been in the air several times after the pond accident, but one day i got this new error and it has not been flying since.

The power port module has been replaced, and this fixed the loss of battery voltage monitoring.
Next up is probably replacing the right ESC center board?
All PCBs has been visually controlled and cleaned with isopropanole.

I´m assuming this is absolutely not a warranty case.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_1116.PNG

Hmm I've used rice in the past and left it for a few days...have you checked the ribbon cable connecting to the esc board? It may have become dislodged and needs to be refitted. Failing that you may be up for a new board.

Reactions: Espen Kalland
Hmm I've used rice in the past and left it for a few days...have you checked the ribbon cable connecting to the esc board? It may have become dislodged and needs to be refitted. Failing that you may be up for a new board.
Thanks for the reply!
The ribbon cables has been unplugged and re-plugged several times.
I think i'm gonna try swapping the right ESC board.

Thanks for the reply!
The ribbon cables has been unplugged and re-plugged several times.
I think i'm gonna try swapping the right ESC board.
You mentioned replacing the shell. how do you get the motor out of the old shell? you cut the wire and then solder them again or you go for the joint at esc board? any way, the connection between esc and motor must be strong and a bad soldering maybe the problem. i think you should check the solder before replacing the esc.

Reactions: Neon Euc
You mentioned replacing the shell. how do you get the motor out of the old shell? you cut the wire and then solder them again or you go for the joint at esc board? any way, the connection between esc and motor must be strong and a bad soldering maybe the problem. i think you should check the solder before replacing the esc.
I had to desolder all motors and indicator lights, removed all the old solder and added new solder with flux.

3No ESC error could also be a bad left ESC board. With the phantom 4's there are 2 ESC boads. A left and a right. Each board controls one set of CW and CCW motors. The boards are about $25-$30 to buy if I remember correctly and you will need to do some soldering; 16 solder points if I remember correctly for the left.
Have you resolved this issue?

3No ESC error could also be a bad left ESC board. With the phantom 4's there are 2 ESC boads. A left and a right. Each board controls one set of CW and CCW motors. The boards are about $25-$30 to buy if I remember correctly and you will need to do some soldering; 16 solder points if I remember correctly for the left.
Have you resolved this issue?
I replaced the right ESC board, and the issue was finally resolved.

Reactions: UsurperDave

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20