2nd hand P4Pro

Reaction score
Hi all,
I just bought a 2nd hand P4Pro off eBay, and have downloaded the DJI Go4 app and installed it on my android phone.
The phone isn't on the recommended list here: Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily) - Phantom Help
The app installed properly, and I see the telemetrics from the drone fine, and can control it. I just have absolutely no video feed from the drone to my phones screen.....just black. The HD indicator says that the signal is good from the drone.

How can I check that the feed is actually good from the drone, before I go out and buy a tablet that's on the approved list, or start the "send it back" process through eBay?

Is there a better (less resource hungry!) app that I can use on an older Android phone to control the Phantom 4 Pro?

Yup. I get all the telemetry from the drone - altitude, speed, direction, etc. - and I assume that's what comes via USB, and just the video is on the wireless connection?

Have you reset the camera? last time it was used might of been on a very bright day

Hi all,
I just bought a 2nd hand P4Pro off eBay, and have downloaded the DJI Go4 app and installed it on my android phone.
The phone isn't on the recommended list here: Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily) - Phantom Help
The app installed properly, and I see the telemetrics from the drone fine, and can control it. I just have absolutely no video feed from the drone to my phones screen.....just black. The HD indicator says that the signal is good from the drone.

How can I check that the feed is actually good from the drone, before I go out and buy a tablet that's on the approved list, or start the "send it back" process through eBay?

Is there a better (less resource hungry!) app that I can use on an older Android phone to control the Phantom 4 Pro?

Have you tried a different cable? Sometimes a low end cable will produce these exact results.

Hi all - thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. I have subsequently tried the drone with an iPhone6 (which is on the supported list at Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily) - Phantom Help), and I get video feed from the drone without problems.
I'll purchase an iPad to run the drone with, given the problems that I have had, and others report, using Android devices with the DJI Go4 app.

Reactions: msinger
As stated previously you might want to change out your cable. I purchased a used one and found the cable was the culprit after getting a new cable everything work great. That is if you have not tried this yet.

Reactions: Kentrol72
Stop trying to be cheap, you bought a P4P, and you want to risk flying it with a glorified calculator?
Get an IPad 4 min and enjoy the experience with the new bird!

Hi all - thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. I have subsequently tried the drone with an iPhone6 (which is on the supported list at Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily) - Phantom Help), and I get video feed from the drone without problems.
I'll purchase an iPad to run the drone with, given the problems that I have had, and others report, using Android devices with the DJI Go4 app.
You get what you pay for in this hobby. Get the best tablet you can afford with the fastest processor speed and resolution. You will be glad you did and you will probably have fewer problems. Also if I may suggest, get a few extra batteries, (I have 5 altogether-bought them at different times though) and a good charger that will charge your controller and three batteries at the same time. (Not in sequence but at the same time) I bought The Powerextra Phantom 4 battery charger from Amazon for $47, I've been using it for over a year now and it's great. Link: http://a.co/d/hFCjsTj. Good luck.

dji drones work best with Apple devices. Both are made and controlled in China so they work well together. Also make sure your social scores are good so you can keep flying.

dji drones work best with Apple devices. Both are made and controlled in China so they work well together. Also make sure your social scores are good so you can keep flying.
Oh I'm all set then I have a Hauwei media pad, also made in China. Stupedist thing I've ever heard.

Reactions: Jim Canada

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1