2nd flyaway and crash in 8 months - BEWARE and install SCR!!

Re: 2nd flyaway and crash in 8 months - BEWARE and install S

Mac_Guy said:
danillll said:
That really sucks buddy! Sorry for the loss!
To me, it does not look like a flyaway, you can see it tilting at a sharp angle, I wonder if one motor or ESC failed or slowed down.
Best of luck !

I agree with this assessment.
I agree too. I'm not nearly the most experienced person here but if it was loss of signal & it pitched, wouldn't it try to correct itself & fly in ATTI? This thing looks like it had a malfunction with a motor, ESC or something along that line.

Loss of GPS will cause the Phantom to drift on the breeze but you should still be able to control it.
Loss of GPS will not cause the Phantom to dive.

LarasLTU said:
flyNfrank said:
LarasLTU said:
1:37 I can see that it even gets altitude (108.8m), from what i remember from the ground - it was going away at full speed for few seconds before it started to descend at angle

That happens because the gps is confused as it is going thru a break in signal.

Frank: I can see you are fully stuck to this only option, which might be valid of course. I probably could open it and check this GPS connection, however I don't think it's a good idea, because I might need to send it back to vendor and I want to keep it original (I will open and share the pictures in case I don't need to send it back). I still have difficulties to understand that this connection might get loose due to the vibrations only - I'm pretty sure I didn't have any bump after I lost my first one...

LarasLTU, maybe you didn't read my response. I said "Guarantee, Video showing nearly the exact same.... and I forget what else". I obviously wasted time spent going out of my way to offer support. I lost count of the people that send PM's, who have emailed, or registered an account on my website in an attempt to get help. Once I begin helping those that appreciate being helped I stick with until a resolution can be found. Free support equals hours of time.

I have one guy ask for help and then wanted to argue with what was wrong with their quad. I thought well is stupid. Someone post a thread and list what is going on and end with asking for help. Then when myself and another person respond and begin explaining the situation, this individual went crazy. lol!

LarasLTU, on your deal, as you know the bottom line is you are the owner of your quad and of coarse do what you feel is best. But regardless how many offer suggestions or pointers, you really should thank each one of them for taking the time to step up and offer something. It does suck when coming across someone that thinks others are suppose to going out of their way to give support.

Suppose you did remove your top cover for a look. There is nothing to see by looking. Your plug will most likely be pressed all the way in as it should. The connection does not come unplugged. It ONLY a interruption, a break in the signal.

Meta4 said:
Loss of GPS will cause the Phantom to drift on the breeze but you should still be able to control it.
Loss of GPS will not cause the Phantom to dive.
It has never been suggested that there is loss of gps. Also let's not forget many people has addressed this issue never to have a problem again. It don't get any better then that.

flyNfrank said:
It ONLY a interruption, a break in the signal.
flyNfrank said:
It has never been suggested that there is loss of gps.
It seems that you were suggesting it yourself.
An interruption or break is a loss of GPS signal.

If the problem is the Phantom diving into the ground, it's hard to see how it can have anything to do with GPS.
GPS on the Phantom is for 2D positioning. It has nothing to do with altitude.
Diving into the ground is most likely related to the propulsion system or the flight controller.

Definitely not a GPS issue. Its clear to me that its a motor/esc failure. Plain and simple.

Meta4 said:
If the problem is the Phantom diving into the ground, it's hard to see how it can have anything to do with GPS.
GPS on the Phantom is for 2D positioning. It has nothing to do with altitude.
Diving into the ground is most likely related to the propulsion system or the flight controller.

I never mentioned this because I can't say for sure, but there has been some others who felt that when this connection issue takes place that it is switching from atti into manual mode. They said the reason for suggesting that was because the quad was dropping at a angle and not a straight drop. It did make sense, but for me I never got the opportunity to work the levers while it came down. I did manage to figure out the S1 Switch stuff I mentioned doing which saved my quad each time. It was like it reset the gps so it knew where it was again.

Btw, on my Flight Logger data when this interruption happened each time, the coordinates would read something on the other side of the world. And the Altitude would then show it as "0" altitude. As soon as I flipped the S1 switch back into GPS Mode all that data would correct itself. I only speak on something like this if I have the experienced myself. Otherwise you would see the question marks throughout my post. Then on occasion you get the guy that has never had to go through jump in and either say or suggest you don't know what you're talking about. It doesn't make sense to run off anyone that is trying to help someone else out.

flyNfrank said:
It doesn't make sense to run off anyone that is trying to help someone else out.
Frank it's fine that you are trying to help.
It does make sense to offer relevant information - even if it is counter to some of the things you are looking at.
What doesn't make sense is staying stuck on a theory and ignoring evidence that indicates the theory is flawed.

Meta4 said:
What doesn't make sense is staying stuck on a theory and ignoring evidence that indicates the theory is flawed.

Respectively speaking, I know for a fact that you can't be referring to GPS Connection Mod. I have no theories to become flawed. And there is no evidence on the planet that could possibly convince me otherwise. This would be I was struck by lightening and someone saying I wasn't. Ok enough for me.

LarasLTU, good luck in getting the air below your props again.

flyNfrank said:
I have no theories to become flawed.
With respect Frank you said right up at the top of this thread ..
flyNfrank said:
I guarantee this was a GPS Connection Failure.
You've continued to bang on about how the problem was caused by GPS connection issues. That's your theory.

flyNfrank said:
And there is no evidence on the planet that could possibly convince me otherwise.
And that's your problem.
If you ignore evidence that doesn't support your pet theory, you can't expect to hit the correct answer every time.

Meta4 said:
flyNfrank said:
I have no theories to become flawed.
With respect Frank you said right up at the top of this thread ..
flyNfrank said:
I guarantee this was a GPS Connection Failure.
You've continued to bang on about how the problem was caused by GPS connection issues. That's your theory.

flyNfrank said:
And there is no evidence on the planet that could possibly convince me otherwise.
And that's your problem.
If you ignore evidence that doesn't support your pet theory, you can't expect to hit the correct answer every time.

Frank is now threatening me in PM for disagreeing with him in this thread. He says he will spam my threads and disagree with me until I quite posting.

He is now using this forum as a advertisement for his website..... Is this allowed?

I rewatched the video. Looks like it rolled right to about 45 degree tilt and tilt forward a lot , also it had a lot of throtlle since it went from like 5m/s to 33m/s in just a few seconds.

jflyer3 posted a video of his phantom dropping straight down ( viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35375 ) his drops down at 22m/s and it seems to go straight down. Your phantom is going really fast at 33m/s so it seems that your phantom was being quickly propelled to the ground not simply falling.

It seems that with ESC or motor failure it is more of a random fast tumbling down, in your video it looks like it is a fast roll to right but it does not seem like random tumbling and flipping.

Does the Vision app show what mode it is in GPS, ATTI, Manual?
What is the N/A on the top right?
Did you have the new firmware 3.10? There were rummors of IMU issues with that firmware.

My guesses are: 1.Signal interference from celltower etc 2.Accidentally put in manual mode 3. Sometype of IMU issue where it lost track of where horizontal level was since it had those steep flying angles. 4.A random "flyaway"

Sorry that your phantom is broken, bad feeling. Hope your back in the air sometime soon.

P.S I am not an engineer nor a DJI Crash Investigator... I simply stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night ;-)

Reactions: MJNEWMAN

Sorry for your crash, but I am glad you were able to recover your bird. Let us know what DJI does for you.

mendezl said:
It seems that with ESC or motor failure it is more of a random fast tumbling down, in your video it looks like it is a fast roll to right but it does not seem like random tumbling and flipping.

Does the Vision app show what mode it is in GPS, ATTI, Manual?
What is the N/A on the top right?
Did you have the new firmware 3.10? There were rummors of IMU issues with that firmware.

My guesses are: 1.Signal interference from celltower etc 2.Accidentally put in manual mode 3. Sometype of IMU issue where it lost track of where horizontal level was since it had those steep flying angles. 4.A random "flyaway"

Sorry that your phantom is broken, bad feeling. Hope your back in the air sometime soon.

P.S I am not an engineer nor a DJI Crash Investigator... I simply stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night ;-)

Answering to your questions:
I don't think Vision app shows which mode you are flying and I even didn't have manual mode configured
Not really sure what this N/A means and I hope other experienced colleagues may have a hint.
I have made a screenshot the day before the crash and it shows 3.08 firmware (you can see it at the end of my video)

Re: screen recorders - does anyone know if there's a similar app for IOS? I'm not finding anything searching the App Store under "Screen Recorder".

Thanks

Even if you lose gps , it should go into atti. It's easy to get screwed up if your not expecting atti. But sometimes I hate so say it , but **** happens. I had a DJI flamewheel go out of control and flip over. Never happened again , no idea what happened. Luckily I was just hovering about 6 foot up.

burlbark said:
Frank is now threatening me in PM for disagreeing with him in this thread. He says he will spam my threads and disagree with me until I quite posting.

He is now using this forum as a advertisement for his website..... Is this allowed?

1st you twist things around. I sent a PM and pointed out how you come in after I post in threads and suggest what I say was wrong. I then said I would do the same with you and see how long it would be before you got tired of it like I was. This was the 2nd time I have had to bring this up with you. Regardless, out of respect to the board, and you for that matter, I sent you a PM.

2nd you bring something like this out to the other members? As if you are out to recruit others to bash me. Whatever. Where I'm from they call those type sissies. So you quote my post in your way of trying to humiliate me. Then you post and I threatened you. Grow up Mr. burlbark.

Btw, don't even respond to this as it needs to stop right here.

flyNfrank said:
rbhamilton said:
First, sorry to hear about your crash. Hopefully DJI treats you well. Maybe a unicorn will come over to my house and **** rainbows all over my lawn. Err... sorry... just a by cynical about DJI and the way they treat people. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Thanks for the tip on SCR Pro. I don't have root but a decent $1 app to record your screen seems like a great idea.

SCR Screen Recorder Pro in android is $4.99

When I bought there was the free version, the $1 pro version and the $4.99 root version. Now I see no mention of root - just free and pro. The $1 version is gone. But anyway it's a great little app.

rbhamilton said:
flyNfrank said:
rbhamilton said:
First, sorry to hear about your crash. Hopefully DJI treats you well. Maybe a unicorn will come over to my house and **** rainbows all over my lawn. Err... sorry... just a by cynical about DJI and the way they treat people. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Thanks for the tip on SCR Pro. I don't have root but a decent $1 app to record your screen seems like a great idea.

SCR Screen Recorder Pro in android is $4.99

When I bought there was the free version, the $1 pro version and the $4.99 root version. Now I see no mention of root - just free and pro. The $1 version is gone. But anyway it's a great little app.

I use mobizen for android (in the play store, cost: free) to screen record. It works very well and has sound. I read about it in these forums and love it. Highly recommended free screen recording app for your android device.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl